Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The First Briton

Jan 30, 2008
People from different cultures do, and would further intergrate well, if the naive intolerance you and other backward thinking people (eg Isis, kkk, Britain first) seem to possess was eliminated.

It is time for the world to wake up. People are people.
if only it was that simple , think you need to wake up to reality.
regards
DR

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
10,000 years is not very long in evolutionary terms, so turning from black to white seems unlikely in that time-span. Especially as we had been separated from mainland europe for 20,000 years before that by the melting ice-caps, which would have hindered migration.

It's a no from me.

Evolution works quickly, slowly or unevenly depending on the circumstances. Skin pigmentation in modern humans can change rapidly (even in a single generation) thanks to inherent genetic variation. The speed of evolutionary change is influenced by (1) environmental stimuli - in this case particularly levels of UV radiation and the need to synthesise Vitamin D - and (2) by the fitness advantages bestowed by change. 10,000 years would be more than enough time to see a change from 'black' to 'white' - it's not possible to say exactly how long this might have taken in Britain at this period, but it's generally considered as a rule of thumb that 100 generations (say, 2500-3000 years) would be enough, and if selective pressure were high it could in fact happen more quickly.

Incidentally, the final separation of Britain from continental Europe was about 8000 years ago.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Evolution works quickly, slowly or unevenly depending on the circumstances. Skin pigmentation in modern humans can change rapidly (even in a single generation) thanks to inherent genetic variation. The speed of evolutionary change is influenced by (1) environmental stimuli - in this case particularly levels of UV radiation and the need to synthesise Vitamin D - and (2) by the fitness advantages bestowed by change. 10,000 years would be more than enough time to see a change from 'black' to 'white' - it's not possible to say exactly how long this might have taken in Britain at this period, but it's generally considered as a rule of thumb that 100 generations (say, 2500-3000 years) would be enough, and if selective pressure were high it could in fact happen more quickly.

Incidentally, the final separation of Britain from continental Europe was about 8000 years ago.

Hasn't the overbite developed since we started using cutlery in a mere few hundred years?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sample of 1.

Checklist

1 Leftwing shill crimping stories from BBC/Grauniad eulogising non whites women etc etc.
2 No poll to gauge popular opinion(Worth starting a thread though, irony).
3 Abuse hurled at people for descenting from the OP Narrative.
4 Moderaters only jump in when the objectors start arguing back.

Yes I get that, Im not claiming an organised conspiracy, just bad habits allowed to fester.

Sorry but you are claiming an organised conspiracy, as evidenced by your first post on this thread. And, you do seem insanely paranoid,.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
When I first joined NSC, dwayne, looney and WATFORD O were the most unintentionally funny posters on here. WO got banned, dwayne grew up, but luckily for the future of comedy, looney didn't.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Has anyone had a go at this DNA profiling? Seemly it is fascinating to map where your genes actually come from

Yes, The National Geographic one, it cost about £150.00 as a present. As you say very interesting and updated as they learn more about DNA as it’s on file and shows my paternal and maternal lines.

It caused a bit of fuss when my 2nd generation Danish (15%) Yankee wife found out she had no American Indian in her DNA as she was told, worse still was she is 26% British.
Compared to me 29% Scandinavian 45% Western European 10% British 8% Eastern European 4% Southern European 3% IndoAsia 1% Neanderthal.
From what I was told about our family history on my dads side it adds up, that side of the family coming over in 1066 with William a Norman from Scandinavia makes sense to me, I guess that explains my blue eyes,bald head and bad tattoos then... Ragnar....

Great fun, and very interesting, you could read into it what you want to, or be shocked as people have been to find they have Jewish diaspora in the history if their a right wing nut job, or poor African Americans who found out they have European in them from when their ancestors were possibly raped when they were slaves....
As I say lots more to be found out with ongoing discoveries.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hasn't the overbite developed since we started using cutlery in a mere few hundred years?
I wouldn't think so. We might overbite because we use cutlery, but that's not going to lead to our children inheriting our overbite, that's not how it works.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't think so. We might overbite because we use cutlery, but that's not going to lead to our children inheriting our overbite, that's not how it works.

I hadn't come across this overbite theory before so I read the article summary in Atlantic; I think the idea is just Lamarckist, really. Got to agree with Trigaaar - can't see how an overbite would confer the fitness advantage(s) which drive evolutionary change, even if the trait were heritable.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry but you are claiming an organised conspiracy, as evidenced by your first post on this thread. And, you do seem insanely paranoid,.

Your the only one claiming any kind of conspiracy. Its imitative behaviour, the same reason Brighton fans call palace Pikeys or nigels, theres no conspiracy. Its just more complex and tribal thats all.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
When I first joined NSC, dwayne, looney and WATFORD O were the most unintentionally funny posters on here. WO got banned, dwayne grew up, but luckily for the future of comedy, looney didn't.

Unintentionally? I remember when the other 2 were giving it large about restaurants, so I thought Id join in giving it large. Reality was I wouldn't be seen dead in the places they mentioned.

You think thats air your breathing?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here