Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Comparable jobs, equal pay.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Not sure where you are shopping, but I rarely see aggressive and abusive customers when I go shopping, maybe at Xmas when nerves are a bit frayed, but is this happening on a daily basis? I get customer services staff might get a bit more agg, but the average checkout person or shop staff are they really getting constant abuse?

Having worked for a few years in a supermarket across most sections (cashiers/restocking/warehouse) I can say with certainty that, at least from my experience, it’s rare to have a day where you don’t deal with an **** multiple times a day.

Furthermore being a super market assistant means doing a decent amount of lifting both in the store and in the shops own warehouse, I never saw a woman moan about doing the work or getting a man to do it for them. And for what it’s worth the guys in the distribution centres (who I see are in question here) seem to get all the help they need for doing as little work (shoddy work) as possible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Depends how you define "hard" doesn't it. Both of the jobs you listed are "easy" as they require little to no brain power. I can just as easily equate the "hardness" of a job to its mental requirements instead of its physical ones.
I think you need to try harder before trolling on this one.

Trolling? I started the thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Well, it was a genuine discussion point and I have given my genuine opinion. I'm sorry your opinion differs but if you want to pick a fight, wrong thread. I'm not in the mood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here