Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely we should sell Coventry some more FA Cup tickets ?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
There allocation of 4500 sold out in 3 hours yesterday . As a club theyve had a miserable time in recent years and they're hardly going to cause any trouble . I'd hope the club would consider any request for more tickets seriously . My friend in Coventry said they could bring 10,000 easily enough.
So whats the harm in giving them 2000 more . It will make for a decent atmosphere as well .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think it is do with how the segregation barriers work in the south stand and 4500 is the most that can be accommodated in the segregated space.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
There allocation of 4500 sold out in 3 hours yesterday . As a club theyve had a miserable time in recent years and they're hardly going to cause any trouble . I'd hope the club would consider any request for more tickets seriously . My friend in Coventry said they could bring 10,000 easily enough.
So whats the harm in giving them 2000 more . It will make for a decent atmosphere as well .

So what,..... why put our team at a disadvantage with more support for the opposition, 4500 is enough. Football is tribal, home advantage is to be relished and used at every opportuinity,.... chasing a few extra grand in the bank versus making the quarter finals???..... no brainer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Little chance of it happening...

- Their own recent crowd issues - many of their own fans not particularly enjoying their away day experiences, including the bumper away day at MK
- Brighton away will be seen as a big day out. Those inclined to be twats will be even more twattish on such a day
- Albion demand for tickets steady. We need at least one of the upper tiers for ourselves.
- We don't want it to feel like a Coventry home game (although I concede a Coventry home game is typically a few people rattling around a big stadium)

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Yes sell them more, don't care now I've got mine following purchase history release! Yes!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know I may be alone, but I am staggered by the apathy of our support (and yes other clubs) to the FA Cup.

This is a chance to reach the quarter finals of the FA Cup and we are suggesting we give more tickets to the away fans because we can't sell ours.

What is wrong with you lot? I was gobsmacked by the non-attendance for Palace but at least there was some excuse with it being Monday night and on telly. This is Saturday 3pm, no excuses, cheaper prices, we should be selling this out.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can't happen. Most of the lower section has been sold, there's no where for them to go. You won't see them split between the South and an upper tier!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So what,..... why put our team at a disadvantage with more support for the opposition, 4500 is enough. Football is tribal, home advantage is to be relished and used at every opportuinity,.... chasing a few extra grand in the bank versus making the quarter finals???..... no brainer.

:thumbsup:

I know I may be alone, but I am staggered by the apathy of our support (and yes other clubs) to the FA Cup.

This is a chance to reach the quarter finals of the FA Cup and we are suggesting we give more tickets to the away fans because we can't sell ours.

What is wrong with you lot? I was gobsmacked by the non-attendance for Palace but at least there was some excuse with it being Monday night and on telly. This is Saturday 3pm, no excuses, cheaper prices, we should be selling this out.

Pretty much this, its a pass to the 6th round, one game away from spudsville.:moo:

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
In F A Cup after expenses, the pot is split three ways - home, away and FA prize pot. The economics simply do not match up. Grounds have to be segregated and we do not always get enough away seats for league games, but there is little that can be done.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Brighton Fringe vs 4th tier play-off candidates.

Yeah, we should be selling this out. :jester:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

The FA cup is dead.
The only way to bring it back to life is more money and a champion's league place....this won't happen.
Therefore the FA Cup is still dead.

I'm going though.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Go jump off a cliff

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Brighton Fringe vs 4th tier play-off candidates.

Yeah, we should be selling this out. :jester:

The team we put out v Middlesborough was not that fringe. And why judge it like that? In many respects it will be more fun than Brighton v Premier League team which we sell out week in week out.

It's just football snobbery. I thought we were better than that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Their average home crowd this season is only 7,500 so you'll have to explain that one. Are many of them boycotting home matches? I realised 5th round is good for a team in their current situation.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Their average home crowd this season is only 7,500 so you'll have to explain that one. Are many of them boycotting home matches? I realised 5th round is good for a team in their current situation.
They woudn't bring 10k but might manage another 7-8k.

They remind me of us back in the Withdean days - a club who have been starved of anything resembling success for years, see themselves as too big for league 2 and for admittedly different reasons, a fair chunk of them don't (or as was in our case, can't) go to home games - consequently they have a disproportionately large away support. This is the biggest away game they've had for a fair while, so they'd be all over this.

As I say, we were exactly the same in the days of Micky Adams. Massive away support after years in the doldrums, but home gates of 6,000 (because we couldn't get more in). Had we'd been drawn to a middling Premier league club at the time at this stage in the cup, we too would have wanted 7,000 tickets.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They woudn't bring 10k but might manage another 7-8k.

They remind me of us back in the Withdean days - a club who have been starved of anything resembling success for years, see themselves as too big for league 2 and for admittedly different reasons, a fair chunk of them don't (or as was in our case, can't) go to home games - consequently they have a disproportionately large away support. This is the biggest away game they've had for a fair while, so they'd be all over this.

As I say, we were exactly the same in the days of Micky Adams. Massive away support after years in the doldrums, but home gates of 6,000 (because we couldn't get more in). Had we'd been drawn to a middling Premier league club at the time at this stage in the cup, we too would have wanted 7,000 tickets.
Spurs away great day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here