Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team of ex Brighton players still playing

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
You could also choose from: Kazenga Lualua (Sunderland), Grant Hall (QPR), Craig Noone (Bolton), Dean Cox (Crawley)

or if you really want: Liam Dickinson (Stalybridge Celtic) and Jake Robinson (Billericay)...

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Just thinking about ex players that were on our books or on loan to us and still playing competitively at a high level and thought l would see if l could make a decent enough team. Burnley have 4 players that were in our squad at one time or another! Any one come up with a better suggestions?
Stockdale
Ward Cook Elphick 'Pog'
Murphy Barry Barnes
Vokes Lingard Wood

Kuszczak, Lynch, Tomori, Calderon, Bridcutt, Lualua, Wilson

Don't forget CMS.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Would probably try to get Tex in there somewhere.

Amazingly Tex has played 34 of his 44 professional matches for Brighton . He was young , our top scorer in a difficult season and he got a broken leg on our behalf . His career has stalled at Braga which seems a shame . Still very young as well .. ?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale
Calderon Greer Cook Ward
Bennett Bridcutt Dicker Noone
Barnes CMS

Kuszczak, El Abd, Hall, JFC, LuaLua, Wood, Obika

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just thinking about ex players that were on our books or on loan to us and still playing competitively at a high level and thought l would see if l could make a decent enough team. Burnley have 4 players that were in our squad at one time or another! Any one come up with a better suggestions?
Stockdale
Ward Cook Elphick 'Pog'
Murphy Barry Barnes
Vokes Lingard Wood

Kuszczak, Lynch, Tomori, Calderon, Bridcutt, Lualua, Wilson

Jamie Murphy isn't an 'ex' Brighton player at all, he is only at Rangers on loan until the end of the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stockdale
Calderon Greer Cook Ward
Bennett Bridcutt Dicker Noone
Barnes CMS

Kuszczak, El Abd, Hall, JFC, LuaLua, Wood, Obika

You were doing so weel there . . . until you got to the final name on your list of substitutes..

Obika . . . noooooooo.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Not including loanees and not doing a Poyet and playing Barnes wide left. Based on how good they are NOW.

Stockdale
Calderon Cook Elphick Ward
Noone Hammond Bridcutt Conway
Barnes CMS

Though I could make a case for Dave and Andrea here.

Basically our current stiffs would easily beat a team of our best ex-albion still active players.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Romain Vincelot is playing for Bradford, always thought he was underrated here, possibly because he was a bit of a utility man. His header against Coventry at the Amex is possibly one of the best headed goals I've seen, must have been at least 16 yards out. Certainly a consideration for the bench in any ex Albion team based purely on his versatility.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Romain Vincelot is playing for Bradford, always thought he was underrated here, possibly because he was a bit of a utility man. His header against Coventry at the Amex is possibly one of the best headed goals I've seen, must have been at least 16 yards out. Certainly a consideration for the bench in any ex Albion team based purely on his versatility.

This in spades. I'm very much #TeamVincelot.

Loved his goal v Coventry...even remember the Cov player scoring and thinking 'he looks pretty handy'. It was Gary Gardner.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So what's the WORST team from ex-Albion players still playing?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Rangers mate of mine seriously unimpressed with Murphy at the weekend.

"He looked like he hadn't played all season".

I replied that was probably because he hadn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During my recent flu stupor I watched Ross County v Rangers as there was nothing else on and I thought Murphy looked the best player on the pitch. Could have been the medication I suppose.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not including loanees and not doing a Poyet and playing Barnes wide left. Based on how good they are NOW.

Stockdale
Calderon Cook Elphick Ward
Noone Hammond Bridcutt Conway
Barnes CMS

???

(also, Hammond has retired)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here