Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swansea 7-1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What should be an issue for them is how unconvincing they've looked, struggling against such a poor Birmingham team that only recently has given themselves a chance of staying in the league

My biggest issue with Huddersfield is how they have totally outclassed us in our last two meetings :wink:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What should be an issue for them is how unconvincing they've looked, struggling against such a poor Birmingham team that only recently has given themselves a chance of staying in the league

I suppose they have had to wake up and give themselves a chance of staying in the Championship as they can't rely on being handed points by cheating David Wagner's reserve team this season.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

Been following the game on the radio. Really tepid performance from them in the first half, but increasingly from the second half onward they've been playing very much on the front foot.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd imagine The Met are quite relieved a possible Tottenham Millwall tie is off the cards now

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nice mention of Liverpools destruction of Palace by Pearce on the commentary, said his producer told him to put some excitement into his voice when Palace won a Penalty at 6-0 down, as if it really mattered, Geoff Thomas fired it over the Bar. Just watched the clip and the miss is worse than I recall.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nice mention of Liverpools destruction of Palace by Pearce on the commentary, said his producer told him to put some excitement into his voice when Palace won a Penalty at 6-0 down, as if it really mattered, Geoff Thomas fired it over the Bar. Just watched the clip and the miss is worse than I recall.

Enjoyed watching that again, cheers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Swansea at home suddenly looks very tough. 4 points again from next 2 would be fantastic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Swansea have certainly improved their home form. Let's hope they are still utter woe away from home.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It builds confidence, but County were so bad at the back it is hard to judge any meaning. Swansea looked dire at the back too, which was good!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Swansea will have a harder job on Saturday against Burnley I would hope and Mounie just scored 2nd for Huddersfield.

Don't bank on it....Apart from being our biggest bogey team along with West Brom, Swansea nearly always beat us at The Liberty....1-1, 0-1, 0-1, 2-3 on our previous visits. They usually win at Turf Moor too.

Also, sadly, we will again be without SIX players who would usually be certain starters: Heaton, Tarkowski, Ward, Defour, Brady, Wood. It's amazing we are still 7th considering our crippling injury list which also includes experienced trio Marney, Walters and Bardsley. This and a brutal run of fixtures partly explains our poor recent results although performances have generally stayed good.

Since we played the Seagulls, our games have been (h) Spurs (0-3 thanks to Alli's cheating), (a) Man United 2-2 (conceded stoppage time equaliser), (a) Huddersfield 0-0 (denied stonewall pen admitted by Wagner), (h) Liverpool 1-2 (conceded again in stoppage time), (a) Man City 1-4 (led until 60th min), (a) Palace 0-1 (worst display of season), (h) Man United 0-1 (played well probably deserved draw), (a) Newcastle 1-1 (shade lucky to get draw), (h) Man City 1-1 (battling point).

So 10 without a win including our 0-0 at Amex. It will be a miracle if we can hang on to 7th without the midfield genius of Defour - I personally fancy Bournemouth could sneak it from Leicester....unless the Foxes get Mahrez back on board.

Think you should be safe with a few games to go after beating West Ham and drawing at Saints. You've done pretty well first season apart from the poor results against the Big Six. Even Huddersfield beat United and Newcastle held Liverpool.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here