Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could this be the answer to our stadium problems?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There is a system at the Oscars (Hollywood not Garcia) where there are stand bys in the wings who replace the stars when they leave their seats for a comfort break/fag. That way no seats show as being empty on TV. We could do this with say 1000 in the concourse waiting. As someone leaves a standby leaps in to the seat. When the original holder returns the standby looks for another empty seat. Standbys will be recognised with a wristband.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think you are onto something here, could sell concourse only tickets so you have all the fun of going to football without the boring bit! Even a park and ride st for those that like sitting on the buses checking the gunners stats! Soccer! Or even a top 6 St just for the big games could include pics with opposition players as part of the package. What about a season ticket for when temperatures are below a certain point(stops any embarrassing plastic melting problems) Great that some are looking at positive measures and not just moaning.:thumbsup:

:laugh:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
the words "stadium" and "problem" really shouldn't be associated with our club in this day and age.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A further refinement to this plan. Fans who are prepared to have other fans sitting on their laps get a discount and this will solve the problem of those who want to stay for the entirety of the game but might like a cheaper ticket. And new fans who want to see a whole game are also therefore catered for, as long as they don't mind sitting on someone else's lap. "...is that a vuvuzela in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" There's the added bonus that it prevents people from jumping out of their seat making the whole place a safer environment and I'm all about the health and safety.

If they are slim enough then they could share the seat. A half-half seat, if you like.

FAO - Paul Barber, you can have this new idea from me free of charge.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There's a few on-going problems at the Amex

1. Early Leavers
  2. Long waiting list for season tickets
  3. Club need to raise more revenue from fans
  4. Club like to announce dubiously high attendances

I think I might have a solution that solves all these problems. The club charges fans by the minute for their seat which would allow all those early leavers in the East Stand the opportunity to save a bit of dosh by only buying it for, say, 75 minutes (plus a handling fee). The remaining 15 minutes can be bought by those on a waiting list (plus a handling fee) who are stood waiting at the bars at the ground getting aled up (and bringing the club much needed revenue). If there's an exciting game and the fans decide to stay then we operate a system similar to parking fines. If the game is dull and the early leavers want to leave extra early then they still get charged for what they booked but the fans/customers who would replace them get charged for the full time they are sat.

The added benefit is that this also caters for the half-half scarf brigade because we are likely to get tonked by one of the big sides, leaving the real but fickle fans leaving early in a right strop and then vacating a seat for the fake and fickle fans who are only there to try to get the shirt of a Chelsea/Liverpool/Man U fan at the end of a match.

Just imagine how packed the East Stand will look with the mayhem of people leaving, arriving, arguing over whose seat is whose. And it will mean that for the first time ever there will be a noise from the East Stand.

Attendances per seat can now be double-counted and gives us the opportunity of having more fans see a game without increasing the number of seats.

Don't bother trying to think of any downsides to this because there aren't. It's completely flawless and if Paul Barber is reading this, I'll happily take either a lump sum amount as consultancy or a weekly commission as a share of the profits on this wheeze - or a mixture of both.

1/10 must try harder to be humorous as this came over as boring

kennyb

May 23, 2004
oh dear another swipe at the early leavers, its none of your business or a problem if someone leaves few minutes early im fed up of all this bitching we all pay our money to the club

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
oh dear another swipe at the early leavers, its none of your business or a problem if someone leaves few minutes early im fed up of all this bitching we all pay our money to the club

Can you not read? My scheme depends on the early leavers, they're an integral part of the grand plan so you'll find no bitching from me, in fact I'm monetising your choice. You'll be quids in and the earlier you leave, the more money you save. What's not to like?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sell fast track tickets and privilege passes for urinals and traps
Charge £5 for use of lifts
Palace away - suspend loyalty points scheme and replace with post code lottery with whitehawk, scoome and Lewes prison being given priority for tickets. Faces must be masked
Provide microwaves to heat pies and burgers (£2 a go)
Hot water bottles - provide and charge for heating

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sell fast track tickets and privilege passes for urinals and traps
Charge £5 for use of lifts
Palace away - suspend loyalty points scheme and replace with post code lottery with whitehawk, scoome and Lewes prison being given priority for tickets. Faces must be masked
Provide microwaves to heat pies and burgers (£2 a go)
Hot water bottles - provide and charge for heating
Love it. And fast boarding for trains and buses afterwards.

That's the spirit!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A further refinement to this plan. Fans who are prepared to have other fans sitting on their laps get a discount and this will solve the problem of those who want to stay for the entirety of the game but might like a cheaper ticket. And new fans who want to see a whole game are also therefore catered for, as long as they don't mind sitting on someone else's lap. "...is that a vuvuzela in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" There's the added bonus that it prevents people from jumping out of their seat making the whole place a safer environment and I'm all about the health and safety.
For gawd's sake never mention vuvuzelas on here (or anywhere else). Some pillock will think it's a great idea for the Amex, recommend it to PB and before you know it........

........well, let's just say it would be the end of civilisation as we know it!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not fully thought through.

When does the 75 minutes start from, is it 75 minutes from when you sit in your seat prior to kick off, or is it 75 minutes from kick off (including or excluding half time) is it 75 minutes game time (therefore does this include or exclude added time from the first half

When are those waiting to take up the vacated seats allowed onto the concourse, given the stringent half and safety requirements in respect of maximum numbers allowed on the concourse. What would be the knock on effect on half time queues.

It will never catch on

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are Health and Safety issues. Have you done a risk assssment?

:whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's a few on-going problems at the Amex

1. Early Leavers
  2. Long waiting list for season tickets
  3. Club need to raise more revenue from fans
  4. Club like to announce dubiously high attendances

I think I might have a solution that solves all these problems. The club charges fans by the minute for their seat which would allow all those early leavers in the East Stand the opportunity to save a bit of dosh by only buying it for, say, 75 minutes (plus a handling fee). The remaining 15 minutes can be bought by those on a waiting list (plus a handling fee) who are stood waiting at the bars at the ground getting aled up (and bringing the club much needed revenue). If there's an exciting game and the fans decide to stay then we operate a system similar to parking fines. If the game is dull and the early leavers want to leave extra early then they still get charged for what they booked but the fans/customers who would replace them get charged for the full time they are sat.

The added benefit is that this also caters for the half-half scarf brigade because we are likely to get tonked by one of the big sides, leaving the real but fickle fans leaving early in a right strop and then vacating a seat for the fake and fickle fans who are only there to try to get the shirt of a Chelsea/Liverpool/Man U fan at the end of a match.

Just imagine how packed the East Stand will look with the mayhem of people leaving, arriving, arguing over whose seat is whose. And it will mean that for the first time ever there will be a noise from the East Stand.

Attendances per seat can now be double-counted and gives us the opportunity of having more fans see a game without increasing the number of seats.

Don't bother trying to think of any downsides to this because there aren't. It's completely flawless and if Paul Barber is reading this, I'll happily take either a lump sum amount as consultancy or a weekly commission as a share of the profits on this wheeze - or a mixture of both.

I'm afraid I just can't see Aled Jones agreeing to perform in the concourses week in/week out. Other than that...yep, flawless! :thumbsup:

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
And another thing, you]ve not considered the fights over who gets the seat for extra time, or is that part of the entertainment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here