Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but now that the facts are starting to become clear there is (particularly with labour supporters) a strong swing towards a 'Remain' mindset nationally.
    What are you basing that on?
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      Yes, but now that the facts are starting to become clear there is (particularly with Labour supporters) a strong swing towards a 'Remain' mindset nationally.
      Sauce?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm right behind Jezza on this one. Hard for the Tories, as they are in opposition, to say anything on pardoning convicted suffragettes .
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      As for the feminist pardon, a lot is airbrushed but rewarding a group who advocated violence is not is something the morally grubby left like to promote but do not think it should be incouraged.

Or identity politics.

Screw both.
      Excellent. Airbrushing and screwing suffragettes.
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      It hardly matters what he says... despite the parlous state of the hated Tory government, his own support is deserting him.

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41% (-)
      LAB: 40% (-1)
      LDEM: 8% (+1)
      UKIP: 4% (-)
      GRN: 3% (-)

via @ICMResearch for The Grauniad, 02 - 04 Feb

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      www.renewbritain.org

Just beginning to get some coverage in the papers and social media, it will be interesting to see where this one goes.

Most people with an iota of common sense understand exactly what those who want a second referendum on the final deal really mean.

A second referendum is the sword of damacles that they want to hang over the Brexit negotiations and would mean the EU would offer unacceptable terms in order to trigger the said second referendum.

These people would be more honest brokers if they said “if we get power we will simply reverse the referendum result”.........but like the politicians they want to distance themselves from they are not honest enough for that.

Nothing new about that approach to politics.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I wonder if he will pardon cannabis smokers who have been convicted or imprisoned when it becomes legalised. They pardoned gay men with historical convictions and should apply the same processes when any Law is overturned in any circumstance. Should we pick and choose or employ fairness?

8 Not allowed!
      I can't believe that anyone who has half a brain cell is taken in by the relentless garbage that pours from Corbyn's mouth. The man's a complete buffoon. His only interest is to gain power at any cost. I am surprised how many people are gullible enough to support him and his thick group of lackeys.
      "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln
      Marmite

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Excellent. Airbrushing and screwing suffragettes.
      You need to study your history a bit better and not just the sanatised one you have been spoonfed.
      Members
      Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42951817

Is there anything that this bloke, nah stuff it, apologist won't promise to try and get a vote? Even if he will never actually deliver.
      I'm not an expert on this subject by any means, but again my generation is probably going to apologise for something that happened well in the past. I understand that in the past women were not dealt with fairly and as second class citizens in the eyes of the law and that was wrong, but it is my generation that has to a greater extent resolved some of these issues but agreed there is still some work to do, so why must we apologise again for the actions of past generations?

Whoever apologises also needs to be really careful they don't condone or pardon certain acts that could have been seen as potentially violent or even terrorism in the name of the Suffragette movement such as the alledged Levetleigh incident in St Leonards in 1913 and other acts as discussed here; https://news.sky.com/story/women-wou...rists-11227772

Why not leave the past alone and work to a better future?