Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jeremy Corbyn said........

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Similarly, the left of centre Lib Dems votes he is hoping to garner are almost exclusively Remainers.

The forces at work with Open Britain and Renew demonstrate that a Pro-Remain, Centrist, "En Marche" style party with no political baggage could easily gain traction, leaving the old Labour Party behind.

Ignoring the troll above, this is where I am politically right now. The Lib Dems, rightly or wrongly are blamed for the non-excesses of the coalition government, and it WILL take a new centrist party, pro-Europe to stabilise British politics. The past few days have shown that there are a number of centre leaning Tories who are increasingly alarmed with the way their party is headed, and there are many labour MPs / member / voters who aren't on board with the Corbyn agenda, particularly in relation to Brexit.

I will almost certainly be voting Lib Dem for now, as there is no viable alternative, but as soon as there is I hope they can tap into the worried majority that dislike where we're headed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Corbyn can only be the future if he decides to oppose Brexit quite soon, otherwise he'll go down with the Tories. The core public support he has is massively Pro Remain, and his stance as enabler for this will kill his chances.

Even though he's always wanted out

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ignoring the troll above, this is where I am politically right now. The Lib Dems, rightly or wrongly are blamed for the non-excesses of the coalition government, and it WILL take a new centrist party, pro-Europe to stabilise British politics. The past few days have shown that there are a number of centre leaning Tories who are increasingly alarmed with the way their party is headed, and there are many labour MPs / member / voters who aren't on board with the Corbyn agenda, particularly in relation to Brexit.

I will almost certainly be voting Lib Dem for now, as there is no viable alternative, but as soon as there is I hope they can tap into the worried majority that dislike where we're headed.

www.renewbritain.org

Just beginning to get some coverage in the papers and social media, it will be interesting to see where this one goes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
www.renewbritain.org

Just beginning to get some coverage in the papers and social media, it will be interesting to see where this one goes.

Nowhere....

Lost me at reverse Brexit, like that will happen now, come on it is a lost cause they will not go back it is going to happen, far better utilising their time on better causes within the realms of Britain post Brexit make those points and dreams a reality within a post brexit Britain than banging on about reversing the decision.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
As for the feminist pardon, a lot is airbrushed but rewarding a group who advocated violence is not is something the morally grubby left like to promote but do not think it should be incouraged.

Or identity politics.

Screw both.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes, but now that the facts are starting to become clear there is (particularly with labour supporters) a strong swing towards a 'Remain' mindset nationally.

What are you basing that on?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm right behind Jezza on this one. Hard for the Tories, as they are in opposition, to say anything on pardoning convicted suffragettes .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
As for the feminist pardon, a lot is airbrushed but rewarding a group who advocated violence is not is something the morally grubby left like to promote but do not think it should be incouraged.

Or identity politics.

Screw both.

Excellent. Airbrushing and screwing suffragettes. :eek:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It hardly matters what he says... despite the parlous state of the hated Tory government, his own support is deserting him.

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41% (-)
LAB: 40% (-1)
LDEM: 8% (+1)
UKIP: 4% (-)
GRN: 3% (-)

via @ICMResearch for The Grauniad, 02 - 04 Feb

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
www.renewbritain.org

Most people with an iota of common sense understand exactly what those who want a second referendum on the final deal really mean.

A second referendum is the sword of damacles that they want to hang over the Brexit negotiations and would mean the EU would offer unacceptable terms in order to trigger the said second referendum.

These people would be more honest brokers if they said “if we get power we will simply reverse the referendum result”.........but like the politicians they want to distance themselves from they are not honest enough for that.

Nothing new about that approach to politics.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I wonder if he will pardon cannabis smokers who have been convicted or imprisoned when it becomes legalised. They pardoned gay men with historical convictions and should apply the same processes when any Law is overturned in any circumstance. Should we pick and choose or employ fairness?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't believe that anyone who has half a brain cell is taken in by the relentless garbage that pours from Corbyn's mouth. The man's a complete buffoon. His only interest is to gain power at any cost. I am surprised how many people are gullible enough to support him and his thick group of lackeys.

kjgood

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42951817

Is there anything that this bloke, nah stuff it, apologist won't promise to try and get a vote? Even if he will never actually deliver.

I'm not an expert on this subject by any means, but again my generation is probably going to apologise for something that happened well in the past. I understand that in the past women were not dealt with fairly and as second class citizens in the eyes of the law and that was wrong, but it is my generation that has to a greater extent resolved some of these issues but agreed there is still some work to do, so why must we apologise again for the actions of past generations?

Whoever apologises also needs to be really careful they don't condone or pardon certain acts that could have been seen as potentially violent or even terrorism in the name of the Suffragette movement such as the alledged Levetleigh incident in St Leonards in 1913 and other acts as discussed here; https://news.sky.com/story/women-wo...er-if-not-for-suffragette-terrorists-11227772

Why not leave the past alone and work to a better future?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here