Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls v Hammers, a belated MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Tardy in the extreme, I've finished a match report.

If anybody is still interested in reading about a game that happened DAYS ago, click here: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?722-Albion-3-1-West-Ham-United-03-02-2018

Into the second period - quiet period - not much happening - then BOOOOM. Jose Izquierdo, take a ****ing BOW. The Colombian winger released a shot – heading high and wide of the goal – before curling and dipping unfeasibly - into the very top corner of Adrian’s goal. “That is POSTAGE STAMP!” screamed Jonathon Pearce on his Match of the Day commentary.

A momentary pause to take it in, then the Amex erupted – Yeeeessss! Come on! Did you see THAT!? The goalscorer himself, charged off down the touchline towards the Albion half, swinging his shirt above his head – Schelotto chasing behind. Maty Ryan, who’d been sprinting towards the South goal for a customary bundle, had to turn and run back in pursuit – an iconic image of the season to date.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Superb as per.

To call Murray's effort an "wildly speculative overhead kick" makes it sound way more impressive than it was. It was an old man very slowly falling over, who happened to have one leg pointed up in the air.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Superb as per.

To call Murray's effort an "wildly speculative overhead kick" makes it sound way more impressive than it was. It was an old man very slowly falling over, who happened to have one leg pointed up in the air.

Ha just seen the drawing. Superb. Would love a collection of these, with each games' scoreline alongside.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Why have you coloured Izquierdo in but not Schelotto and Ryan? They're not that pale. Racist :lolol:

Good report as always!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Good stuff, as always.

I saw the West Ham one shot on target stat. Did the clearance off the line not count, along with the goal?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Good stuff, as always.

I saw the West Ham one shot on target stat. Did the clearance off the line not count, along with the goal?

It should. Often garbage those stats!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ha just seen the drawing. Superb. Would love a collection of these, with each games' scoreline alongside.

I'll collate them all into one special ARTWORK thread, sometime. At the end of the season perhaps.

The original sketches are mostly all in a pile tucked under the keyboard of my work PC. Though I seem to have mislaid the one of Steve McLaren's hair island...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll collate them all into one special ARTWORK thread, sometime. At the end of the season perhaps.

The original sketches are mostly all in a pile tucked under the keyboard of my work PC. Though I seem to have mislaid the one of Steve McLaren's hair island...

Yes please.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

"I've got a hair is-land. A HAIR IIIIIS-LAND!!!"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reporting on a game from days ago? I'd read the report if it was from decades ago! The art adds to the class:lolol:

That's an idea.

An Exile (retrospectively) reports series...

- the 1983 Cup Final
- Doncaster at home (1997)
- THAT Hereford game

...etc etc

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Smashed it again Exile, loved the artwork especially the mini maty, tearing after Izzy, brilliant. Thanks mate,

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
That's an idea.

An Exile (retrospectively) reports series...

- the 1983 Cup Final
- Doncaster at home (1997)
- THAT Hereford game

...etc etc

Cheers! Its not like I actually have any proper work to do!

An idea for the summer close season, perhaps...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here