Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex home of the Albion should it be extended

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
With 8,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list there must be a case for looking into expansion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good point, crazy that we have never discussed this before on NSC

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We have it about right, would rather play to full stadiums

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With 8,000 fans on the season ticket waiting list there must be a case for looking into expansion.

The ticket waiting list is free if you become a member. A lot of people have become members so they can buy match tickets when they feel like it. You'd be mad not to have put your name down on the waiting list given it came as part of your membership, even if you have no real intention of buying a season ticket.

If we get relegated, expect that list to disappear in a puff of magic smoke.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wish I'd never given up my STs because now I'm struggling to get to league games. :down:

I suppose ideally we'd have a capacity of 32,000 (about the same as Southampton and Leicester, just below Derby and Middlesbrough) but anything more than that is unnecessary. We have been spoiled with success in the Amex era, but one day it will turn to shìt and our support will halve. Already the ground looks empty with a gate of less than 17-18,000 in it...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

That number is a form of pretendence. How many were on the waiting list pre-PL? I might be mistaken, but think you might still have been able to buy a half-ST as recently as halfway through last season. How many will remain on the waiting list should, heaven forbid, we end up back in the Championship? Not 8,000, that's for sure.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Probably 8000 Chelsea , Arsenal and Spurs fans who can’t be bothered to travel further than a few miles to watch football .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I might be mistaken, but think you might still have been able to buy a half-ST as recently as halfway through last season.

You're not - someone in the row in front of me bought one for the second half of last season.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I read the West Ham forum and they are very jealous of our proper football stadium. If West ham go down their atmosphere would be terrible with huge areas of empty seats.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was told a few years back by #Bozza that the roof is fixed (no way to push it higher). Only option is some boxes in the north similar to the south. They do seem to be squeezing seats in when they find space, a few hundred in front of the new tv box. But don't worry, give it a year and the novelty will wear off and it will be back to 29K each game.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
For those who are unsure about the feasibility of expanding the Amex, this question has been raised and answered by Barber, Bloom, Perry, and loads of others in numerous forums, phone ins, etc. It is possible to add a few more seats, I believe in the 10,s not 100's. The stadium roof is supported by the two arches, and its not possible to add another tier anywhere without removing them, i.e. effectively dismantling the whole stadium, at a cost of many millions of £s. Would probably be cheaper to knock it down and rebuild.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

Ain't gonna happen, and rightly so :thumbsup:

For those who are unsure about the feasibility of expanding the Amex, this question has been raised and answered by Barber, Bloom, Perry, and loads of others in numerous forums, phone ins, etc. It is possible to add a few more seats, I believe in the 10,s not 100's. The stadium roof is supported by the two arches, and its not possible to add another tier anywhere without removing them, i.e. effectively dismantling the whole stadium, at a cost of many millions of £s. Would probably be cheaper to knock it down and rebuild.
Well that was a massive cock up then:facepalm:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was told a few years back by #Bozza that the roof is fixed (no way to push it higher). Only option is some boxes in the north similar to the south. They do seem to be squeezing seats in when they find space, a few hundred in front of the new tv box. But don't worry, give it a year and the novelty will wear off and it will be back to 29K each game.

Between the police box and big screen at the back of the North Stand are offices (there's a big square window to the side of the police box that is a meeting room). In theory they could become boxes or another shelf but not sure the club would do it and lose the office space. Pretty sure the Academy youths have their BTEC lessons up there and the offices are full so alternative space would need to be found for them.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I think you under-estimate the ability of architects and engineers to come up with the solutions and redesigns..

and the ability of Paul Barber to shut a question down

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I read the West Ham forum and they are very jealous of our proper football stadium. If West ham go down their atmosphere would be terrible with huge areas of empty seats.

I also read that Roger. He was envious. Love reading stuff like that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here