Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The safe standing roadshow says something different, 1.8 standing fans for every one currently seated.. I know it is talking about rail seating in lower leagues, but I wouldn't think it would be different here. In Germany the 1.8/1 differential is also correct

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.u...ing/case-for-3
    Totally irrelevant to the matter in hand here.
    The Albion Roar on Twitter
    New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Even a sustained period of 5/6 seasons in the prem wouldn't warrant a larger capacity as the novelty affect would kick in imo

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mlg57 View Post
      Love the question after.
      Is that the question from 8 year old boy about Tony Bloom's blue & white army? Absolutely priceless - not to be missed!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cypriot-Seagull View Post
      Even a sustained period of 5/6 seasons in the prem wouldn't warrant a larger capacity as the novelty affect would kick in imo
      Indeed, there are only so many half/half scarves to be collected.

0 Not allowed!
      Remember Tony saying in a fans forum (think it was the one around the Bristol City away game last season) that an expansion by any more than 1000 will be impossible, and even if it weren't then you have the issue of what division this club is in - would you want to be a Sunderland for instance with swathes of empty seats in the Championship

0 Not allowed!
      I guess the club's repeated explanations when they were exploring the whole safe standing idea passed you by.

Nope. I have just put my tuppence in on the current thread. So it is not a suggestion we do it just a more cost effective way of doing it rather dismantle the stand

So because other offices do it, it's right that the Albion can? Despite not knowing the office layout in the North Stand nor any planning issues thereafter for new offices?

The club will decide what is right and that will be a financial argument rather than what's right/ethical. It has to financial. So if the club could get £3 million more for the expenditure of £1million they will or at least IMO they should.

I know what you're suggesting, and it doesn't take into account a whole load of other factors. Plus what you're suggesting will cost a fair whack.

Its a fag packet suggestion which would then need a feasibility study should the club want to explore ways of increasing the capacity

Additionally, it's not as though those (by your own estimate) 1,000 seats weren't sold. They were. It was just that those people didn't show up - for whatever reason. That's hardly a reason to spend any money on re-organising the stadium.

this is two different points... If the club want to play fair by fans and ensure the maximum number who want to see a live game can then doing something about empty seats would address about a 1000, yes my estimate but I don't think it is too far off.

And you still haven't stated how your nominal extra 2,000 capacity will get past the safety officers nor the council.

Same way other increases in capacity have been made over the life time of the AMEX by proving they are not a risk

PERSONALLY I don't think there is an argument to do much physically because I don't think we are selling out and have thousands of disappointed people not getting tickets for the average game. yes we could sell more when Man U are here but you bet your life many would be Man U fans in the home end.

If the club feels it needs to expand it will explore options , I don't believe they do.

0 Not allowed!
      The club wants to maximise profits. That doesn't simply mean more seats (the infrastructure can't cope). It means more premium seats.
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
      Between the police box and big screen at the back of the North Stand are offices (there's a big square window to the side of the police box that is a meeting room). In theory they could become boxes or another shelf but not sure the club would do it and lose the office space. Pretty sure the Academy youths have their BTEC lessons up there and the offices are full so alternative space would need to be found for them.
      That big square window is another television studio. I've seen the layout of the offices behind the north stand, and there isn't any space to spare. Would we also want to lose Dicks Bar and the museum?

As has been said, fitting smaller seats won't do it, as there are laws about the number of exits per thousand people etc.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      That big square window is another television studio.
      No it's not, it's a meeting room. I was in it last week and have to visit those offices on a semi-regular basis.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      Good point, crazy that we have never discussed this before on NSC
      Why has no one ever done this joke before?