Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rogue One was a breath of fresh air because there was a genuine story arc, a beginning, middle and end. Many films these days seem to spend a majority of the time angling for spin-offs in case that character is a hit with the audience. Given the ending this wasn't as plausible.

The film you end up paying for and spending at least 2 hours watching often feels like a test-screening to see which storyline or character might get their own film. There's very little "you will only see these characters here and many will die so no chance of a sequel" films. Possibly because of the inherent fear of missing out on a franchise run.

I got the sense that Rogue One wasn't subject to this as much. They were free to make a film and tell a complete story.
    I guess these 'stories' have a definitive ending because they feed into what we already know happens next. I assume this film will end with Solo walking into the Catina bar, or flying to Tatooine, much like Rogue One ended with Leia being pursued by a Star Destroyer, and no doubt Kenobi will end with him perhaps stood from afar looking over a young Luke purchasing droids in the distance...or something...