Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most important game for 10 years...

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
My god - some serious bed wetting on the Stoke forum and I thought we had some super negative critics on here! :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
They all seem to be relying on beating us???
I predicted 7 points from the 4 games ending with Swansea, Stoke is a bonus point I reckon

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They all seem to be relying on beating us???
I predicted 7 points from the 4 games ending with Swansea, Stoke is a bonus point I reckon
Understandable.

I am relying on us beating Swansea and Huddersfield.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Stoke have the worst defence in league and one of the loudest home crowds

Need to see out the first 20 minutes and shut the Tom Jones fan club up with a quick goal on the break

Slow start could cost us the game

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I saw them on Saturday and they were far better than Bournemouth until they ran out of steam. Their new midfield player, Badou Ndiaye, hadn't played or trained for ten days but still looked good. He'll have had a week to get used to his new teammates.

This one will be very difficult IMO. What we can't afford is the sort of slow start we had at Huddersfield or West Brom.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Seem to remember our trip to Swansea leading to a similar comments from their fans, I’d take a similar result on Saturday to that day.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the cup run, Schelotto's energy, Izquierdo' s wonder goal and the addition of Ulloa and Locadia have given the club a bit of a lift and I expect Hughton to continue to be positive against Stoke.

The key is keeping Shakira quiet. I fancy us to nick a goal.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I think the cup run, Schelotto's energy, Izquierdo' s wonder goal and the addition of Ulloa and Locadia have given the club a bit of a lift and I expect Hughton to continue to be positive against Stoke.

Those “Hips Don’t Lie” we definitely do need to keep him quiet, “Whenever, Wherever” on the pitch

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope we are also treating it as our most important game for 10 years, and not letting any Cup Fever divert our focus until after the game.

I'm totally thinking about the Coventry game, and almost forgetting about this one :nono:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Saying it quietly, but reminds me of Peterborough a bit when we went there under Poyet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We started very brightly at Southampton, think you're right and we should be even more confident. No underestimating Stoke though, already I can see people suggesting they're not this or that. They'll be up for it no doubt and have some talent in their ranks. Will be a hard fought game with little in it I expect. If we can cut out our own errors, we will have a good chance of coming away with a point or better.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Can we do it on a freezing/windy afternoon in February at the Britannia? Thought Stoke were one of the better sides to visit the Amex. They also comfortably outplayed Muff for 60 minutes on Saturday. They know this is one of their "winnable" games because it's only Brighton - and FFS they should be beating teams like Brighton. We are going to have to be confident and right at it from minute one. Have it!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
At least the weather looks to improve a little by then.

Big game, can't wait.

stoke.JPG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here