Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our best player? (and why the difficulty of answering this question says so much)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
With the news that that slippery diver from up the road is lying on the floor crying for his mummy again it made me think who is our best player. Zaha is, without doubt Palace's best player, by a mile, and every Palace fan would name him as such. However if you asked who our best player I suspect you would get lots of different answers. I can think of 5/6 candidates straight away. One would get more obviously but it wouldn't be anywhere near unanimous, and long may that continue.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dunk, Gross, or Murray with possibly Ryan, Stephens or Izquierdo

Maybe Gross because you could replace the others with players who are almost as good - Goldson, Ulloa, Krul/Maenpaa, Kayal, March. But until we've seen Locadia, I think Gross is on his own in his role.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The difficulty is to differentiate between best as in 1 individual performance or best as in most consistent. The first is very difficult to say and I would suggest Gross the 2nd is easier and I would suggest it is between Stephens and Dunk with Gross and Murray following closely behind. So overall it must be Gross

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunk or Stephens

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Who would command the biggest transfer fee if available? Dunk I suspect - and I think he'd probably edge a best player vote.

I would be interesting to know what Gross is worth now - but I hope we don't find out as I'd rather we kept him!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Really difficult as in form..
Gross
Murray
Dunk
Izzy
Ryan
So many to choose from although Stephen's is a no for me compared to this list and I'd prefer kayal.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Who would command the biggest transfer fee if available? Dunk I suspect - and I think he'd probably edge a best player vote.

I would be interesting to know what Gross is worth now - but I hope we don't find out as I'd rather we kept him!

Dunk fee wouldnt be in 8 figures as he has been shown up too may times. I would think £9m max. Gross or Stephens would be over £10m IMHO.

Time will tell.

At least one of our players will go to a bigger team for £20m+ and do a great job - my money is on Pascal Gross.

Best we don't get relegated then :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here