Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our best player? (and why the difficulty of answering this question says so much)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Jesus also has 2 (MoM)

Not official ones, according to whoscored. I think he got the match sponsor man of the match against Chelsea, but Hazard was rightly MOM that day.

nelson73

Jan 9, 2014
lancing
going to go for davy p closely followed by ryan.the suggestion that dunk would only be worth £9mil is a joke surely? hes £20mil all day long

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunk for me. He makes mistakes but just look at the consistency he delivers game in game out and usually he is a very high standard. He covers for other people's mistakes a lot of the time. He also has driven the team forward when it has lost momentum. The only blot for me is he has not scored and I would expect someone of his calibre to get 3-4 a season.

Stephens - has been less consistent than Dunk and for that reason he is second choice. Works hard and if we play 4 3 3 with Kayal alongside him I can see him delivering more going forward. Currently I think we have played too many games where wingers have been light weight putting too much stress on him

Gross has been anonymous in some of the away games but clearly been very important to the team through his assists and goals. If he had a bit of pace he would be a top 6 player.

Ryan has been good but he does not dominate his 6 yard box and that has led to more corners and as a consequence goals. Really need him to catch the ball rather than wait for defender to put it out for another corner.

Proper - real enigma for me. He makes it all look simple, chases well then mucks up the simplest of things. Has not scored either

Murray - a bit hot and cold at times in good games he looks very good and works hard. Scoring goals for fun at the moment

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seen this said a lot in the past few weeks as an excuse as to why we have "struggled".

Dunk
Propper
GroB
Ryan
Murray

Are all certainly Prem-standard, and have shown as much consistently now. A number of other players on their day - March, Knocky, Duffy, Bruno, Stephens, Izquierdo can also play at Prem standard.

These would be my top five, I think, and probably in that order.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
of those who play: Gross
of those who should play but for some inexplicable reason don't: Hunemeier

Really interesting to see how Knockaert's value has fallen

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I guess it may come down to what type of player you may have been growing up. I was all visionary passes and flicks so for me it has to be Davy P. I will admit however that he ain't half cocked up a bit lately. I was a bit too leisurely too!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Consistently, over the season? Gross

We don't have a player that could step in and do what he does.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
To the clubs moral, leadership and father figure, Brono

In terms of monetary value, Dunk

Best in terms of most important on the pitch, Murray as he is our leading goalscorer

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think you'd have had a much different view of who our best player is had the question been asked after West Brom away!

I can't decide... Ryan has been excellent, Dunk has been too, Propper and Stephens have been really efficient and do so much that goes unnoticed, Murray has ice in his veins and we'd be in deep trouble without him and Gross has absolutely dominated on the contribution radar.

I think I'll go with Gross because he unlocks teams like no one else in the team and is often the difference between a poor result and a good one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Purposely haven’t read any other replies but Dunk by a mile. Think he could be our best player since Lawrenson.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here