Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunk fee wouldnt be in 8 figures as he has been shown up too may times. I would think £9m max. Gross or Stephens would be over £10m IMHO.

I think dementia is starting to settle in to his addled old brain and he's forgotten what year it is and think's we're still in the Championship.
    "The only true wisdom lies in knowing that NSC knows nothing." - Socrates

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      Errr didn't we get promoted or did l just dream it?
      Yea, with him in the side, not out of it. With the exception of massive away we got ****** every time he was absent.

Still, you're right. His goal return is poor and for that reason he is not a very good midfielder who is deployed to shield our back line. If only he could open his legs up and make striding runs into their box.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Pascal Groß. Assists and goals.
      Bundersleage must be pretty good if no other German side fancied coming in for him for that smallish fee.
      Or perhaps they did and he just fancied us in the Premier.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I was asked this the other day. Really depends on what criteria you are using.

If I had to pick one I'd go for Ryan. Younger keepers always make mistakes but at his age he is absolutely immense.

I have to (sort of) relegate Dunk that on the basis this his value is further inflated (beyond his obvious talent) by being "home grown".

.. but Dunk would be second.

We seem to be able to pick/produce/buy good defenders like Dunk.

But Ryan - what an absolute find on so many levels. Breathes blue and white.

It I wore a shirt (which I don't) it would be his name on the back.
      Last edited by clapham_gull; 06-02-2018 at 00:32.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Yea, with him in the side, not out of it. With the exception of massive away we got ****** every time he was absent.

Still, you're right. His goal return is poor and for that reason he is not a very good midfielder who is deployed to shield our back line. If only he could open his legs up and make striding runs into their box.
      I like Dale Stephens, but is he our best player? No! I've looked up his statistics for this seasons. 13 shots, none on target, he's lost more 'duels' than he's won, he's lost more 'Ariel duels' than he's won. It's difficult to compare apples with oranges, ie defensive midfielder with strikers, defenders, goalkeeper etc but statistically his record is average. He's a safe player and that's why Chris likes him. In order to be classed as our best player I would love to see him add goals and assists to his game, but he kind of freezes with a shooting opportunity and opts to pass rather than shoot. I'd love him to bring the ball forward more rather than just pass the ball to either side. He's got some good qualities tho and would still make my starting eleven, tho Kayal would run him a very close second in his position
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not my type of player but by far

Dale Stephens

Is the most important player at the club by a million miles

0 Not allowed!
      Depends what you mean.
      Personally our best or most naturally gifted footballer Propper
      However I’d say Stephens or Gross are actually the 2 most import players

0 Not allowed!
      Gross and Dunk.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Ryan has saved a few though hasn't he.

Got loads of grief on here a while back but the player ratings do make me laugh.

Ryan - 6 ( Nothing to do )

Imagine if you marked an exam like that. The best examiners set the mark at 100% then take off marks rather than the other way round.

Distribution a bit dodgy.

Completely missing the point that the manager has asked him to hit a sixpence and is quite happy is he makes 1 in 10.

As a goalkeeper if you have "nothing to do" you are given a 6.

If you slightly spill a cross you get 5.

Years ago at Seagulls Over London speaking to both players and coaches I was amazed at the difference fans and "those how know" view player performances. Fans tend to vote on the basis of success and failure and completely ignore the fact that:

1) Players are often told exactly what to do, even if that act even results in "failure". Why does that defender keep trying to hit the player on the wing ? Because he has been told to.

2) Fans ignore generally ignore when players "go missing".

0 Not allowed!
      Dunk is clearly our best player. No one in our team even comes close to the standard Dunk is at.

He'll be gone this summer to a top 6 club.