Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our best player? (and why the difficulty of answering this question says so much)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Pröpper for me.

Dunk's been very good but he's still improving for me and has let his man go a few too many times from corners we've conceeded.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stephens is a bit of an enigma. Brilliant one minute then can’t play a 5 yard pass the next. He lacks consistency for me and doesn’t always dictate games as he should. Dunk and Gross for me

When Stephens isn't in the team we don't function.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stephens is a bit of an enigma. Brilliant one minute then can’t play a 5 yard pass the next. He lacks consistency for me and doesn’t always dictate games as he should. Dunk and Gross for me

He's only an enigma in the eyes of fans who can't see his value.

For anyone who thinks all he can do is "pass sideways or backwards" or that he "gives the ball away alot" (two of the more frequent farcical statements on here) I would suggest you go and look at the cold hard facts, which show he has the highest pass completion rate of any of our players which are predominantly forward passes. He also has the highest interceptions of any player. He finds our wide players in space more frequently than any other player both short and long. He's up there with the most minutes played in the PL and still harries and motors on while a load of dense bellends critique him on taking a couple of extra touches now and then.

If you ask me what players would detrimentally affect us the most if taken out the side, it is without doubt Dunk and Stephens. Something leads me to believe our manager might think along the same lines.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
When Stephens isn't in the team we don't function.

He's been in the team all season and there are plenty of times we haven't functioned! If you are saying the wheels would fall off if he wasn't in the side then you would be mistaken! If he added goals to his game or even assists or could at least hit the target if he dared shoot from outside the box when he has had numerous chances to do so, then he may be a candidate.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
He's been in the team all season and there are plenty of times we haven't functioned! If you are saying the wheels would fall off if he wasn't in the side then you would be mistaken! If he added goals to his game or even assists or could at least hit the target if he dared shoot from outside the box when he has had numerous chances to do so, then he may be a candidate.

He wasn’t in the team a fair few times last season, and it did not go well. At all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunk fee wouldnt be in 8 figures as he has been shown up too may times. I would think £9m max.
Before prices went even more mental than they already were, and before Dunk upped his game massively, and before he learned not to get booked every other game, we turned down a £5m ish bid from Fulham. The suggestion that he'd command £9m max is ridiculous.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Stephens was vital in the Championship. We were not as good without him, although iirc he did miss the Sheff Wed away game. His partnership with Kayal was massive for us.

All that said, that was the Championship and pre-Pröpper. It's difficult to say if we'd struggle as much without him now. My hunch is Kayal and Pröpper or Gross and Pröpper could potentially work well together. That said, I'd rather not put it to the test. :)

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
No goals in 2340 minutes! Pretty impressive

Since when were goals the best measure of the quality of a defensive midfielder? By that measure Claude Makalele was crap, and so is Ngolo Kante [they weren’t/aren’t].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where is the fecking poll?

Oh.....

:lolol:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Dunk fee wouldnt be in 8 figures as he has been shown up too may times. I would think £9m max. Gross or Stephens would be over £10m IMHO.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I think dementia is starting to settle in to his addled old brain and he's forgotten what year it is and think's we're still in the Championship.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here