Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our best player? (and why the difficulty of answering this question says so much)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
(and why the difficulty of answering this question says so much)
I was looking forward to this bit of analysis, but it seems you didn't bother.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Values seem to be dictated by the stats. That gives us Murray or Gross. Murray is nearing the end of his career. Gross must be one of the best PL buys by anyone of all time. Gross IMO.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Talent - Dunk / Gross / Izquierdo
Their importance to the team - Gross / Stephens
Character/personality - Mat Ryan / Schelotto / Bruno

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunk yes by a country mile Stephens lololololol u r joking right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You clearly have no idea if you don't rate Stephens.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Currently I would be most nervous if we were to lose Ryan for any period of time , I think we have like for like cover in all areas but he just owns it between the sticks

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Interesting thread! Not one mention for Knocky who’d have won by a country mile last season....

Given how important our defence has needed to be this season and that our attack has stuttered, has to be Ryan or Dunk for me.

Surprised at the votes for Izquierdo. Agree that he has talent but hasn’t produced consistently yet. Perhaps bit of bias due to his great goal last week!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk and Pröpper the most naturally talented.

I'd go Dunk for consistency but we haven't seen everything from Pröpper yet. He's a special player IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting thread! Not one mention for Knocky who’d have won by a country mile last season....

Given how important our defence has needed to be this season and that our attack has stuttered, has to be Ryan or Dunk for me.

Surprised at the votes for Izquierdo. Agree that he has talent but hasn’t produced consistently yet. Perhaps bit of bias due to his great goal last week!?

Exactly my thoughts reading through it. Knockaert must be up there even though he’s struggled at times this season.

Jimmy Grimble

Dunk fee wouldnt be in 8 figures as he has been shown up too may times. I would think £9m max. Gross or Stephens would be over £10m IMHO.

Totally and utterly clueless on transfer valuations again :lolol: Remember when you valued Dunk at something like 750,000k when Fulham wanted him :lolol:

You've got to stop using that 'transfermarket' website.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Pretty sure staff and players would say Propper- still hasn't found his feet and seems to struggle in this position but is clearly supremely gifted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Most valuable (subject to Locadia playing to the fee we paid for him and no more) would be Lewis Dunk.

Not sure that makes him the best though.

He is the best though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Dunk and Pröpper the most naturally talented.

I'd go Dunk for consistency but we haven't seen everything from Pröpper yet. He's a special player IMO.

Agreed totally. I think Propper is the one player we have who would fit in and look comfortable playing for a top 6 side (possibly Dunk). If he had better players around him I think he would look different class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here