Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Oh are they a our rivals again? I thought they weren't worth that title when we had an FA Cup game against them(conveniently) but now a bit of misfortune and the key boards get tapping:ffsparr:

Personally I see it as more of an opportunity to raise our hopes of survival based on the misfortune of a team below us.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Actually, that's Daniel Taylor. Dominic Fifield is their London football correspondent (and a Palace fan, yet still a good bloke despite that). But I agree that he's a more reliable source than most and that if he has retweeted Ed Aarons' post it has more credibility.
I bow to your insider knowledge! It's more than a retweet, though, it's an online article with Ed and Daniel both on the byline.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is looking splendidly troublesome for the NigeIs isn't it? From that Guardian article:

The goalkeeper Julian Speroni and defender Martin Kelly were also both due to be sent for scans on knee and hamstring injuries on Monday, with Scott Dann, Jason Puncheon, Jeffrey Schlupp, Connor Wickham and Reuben Loftus-Cheek already among the long-term absentees.

Their top scorer, Bakary Sako, was ruled out for the rest of the season last week with a fractured ankle and damaged ligaments the Mali international suffered in the draw with West Ham last week and Zaha’s absence would leave Hodgson with only Christian Benteke, Andros Townsend and the new signing Alexander Soroth as attacking options.

I wasn't aware they had quite so many injuries. Marvellous. Still, they have shown for decades that they are the flukiest scabbiest club out there - they'll probably stay up on the last day thanks to Zaha winning a penalty in his only remaining game of the season despite it never being a pen in a million years. Again.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
This is a lot of pages for a shit player isn’t it .

And it gives you a chance to keep up your obsession with NSC and your incredibly high post count.

Glad you think he's shit though you daft bint. I personally don't. A diving, cheating **** maybe.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Imagine the scale of the meltdown on here if we had that catalogue of injuries and their transfer window......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Imagine the scale of the meltdown on here if we had that catalogue of injuries and their transfer window......
We were melting down when we had 2.5 strikers earlier in the season.

They now have 1 + the new Toby Agdestein.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Roy Hodgson is rightly getting a lot of plaudits for the job he is doing at Palace.

However, a crippling injury with a number of muscle injuries list usually points to archaic training methods. That's at the manager's door and not just bad luck.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Aside from holding the diving trophy, I actually quite admire Zaha. He clearly loves the club and doesn’t seem to have tried to force a move. I wonder if that’s because he feels he may end up benched at a top 6 club instead of playing. That’s actually quite refreshing. Sure he’s already earning a decent wedge but he could probably double that without too much trouble.

Really do hope he’s not badly injured, although I do of course want him to be below par so that they slide down the table. I’m in two minds as to whether I want them relegated or not. Ideally they stay up, we stay up, and we finish above them every year.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Croydon’s Olympic diver is expected to be out for some time, after injuring a Knee against Newcastle yesterday.

That is all.

HA HA ZAHA! You would think after so many dives he would know how to land.

HA HA ZAHA!.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is a lot of pages for a shit player isn’t it .

I'm not sure any right-minded Albion fan thinks Zaha is shit - he so very clearly isn't.

He's a mercurial talent capable of ball control and fleet-of-foot pretty much unmatched in the Premier League. When on form, and he has been since he returned from injury earlier this season, he is almost unplayable.

So, to set your post straight, this is a lot of pages about the one player of real quality you have, who has inspired your revival and without whom you struggle. We know it, and many of your fans know it. If I could be arsed I'd go and drag up some quotes to back that up. It's not required though because, as I say, you know it.

Oh, he does go down ridiculously easily though and we'll write lots of pages about that too, because cheating isn't good.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Roy Hodgson is rightly getting a lot of plaudits for the job he is doing at Palace.

However, a crippling injury with a number of muscle injuries list usually points to archaic training methods. That's at the manager's door and not just bad luck.

Could be , but I think you'll find nearly all of them have been impact injurys. Kelly's aside that is. Most if not all clubs have teams of medical , nutritional and fitness staff I doubt a manager has that much influence TBH.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Could be , but I think you'll find nearly all of them have been impact injurys. Kelly's aside that is. Most if not all clubs have teams of medical , nutritional and fitness staff I doubt a manager has that much influence TBH.

It's more to do with training workloads and accumulation of fatigue, which then leads to muscular injury. That could be a simple hammy pull or the muscle strength around the knee.
Correct me if I'm wrong but RH is very much a hands on manager when it comes to training. Training sessions straight after games or too much running / not enough ball work can lead to this kind of injury crisis.

Lots to be read about the subject. I might be wrong, but I think it's a fair observation.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Correct me if I'm wrong but RH is very much a hands on manager when it comes to training. Training sessions straight after games or too much running / not enough ball work can lead to this kind of injury crisis.

Lots to be read about the subject. I might be wrong, but I think it's a fair observation.

Wonder if Roy joins in the head tennis competition in the car park at the end of training. It’s usually raining and a couple of players are smoking

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Roy barely changes his starting 11 and played them into the ground over the winter. It's not surprising they are picking up injuries.

It also wouldn't be surprising if we start to get muscle injuries with our ever-presents. It's would be a silly decision not to bring in a CM if this does happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here