Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Zaha is under so much scrutiny I actually don’t think he can afford to dive. He has a hard enough time getting decisions go his way these days on the genuine fouls let alone the simulated ones. He hasn’t done himself any favours in the past admitedly. But this season I can’t remember one that you can call a clear example of simulation. The officials appear to agree. We had the same with Andy Johnson who won so many penalties. Zaha is clever I’ll give you that, can draw or suck a player in to make a foul. There’s a distinction in that to cheating/diving.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
ZAHA-DIVE_18894a42afcc1fbc5.gif
He's a disgrace to football the cheating ****!.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Zaha is under so much scrutiny I actually don’t think he can afford to dive. He has a hard enough time getting decisions go his way these days on the genuine fouls let alone the simulated ones. He hasn’t done himself any favours in the past admitedly. But this season I can’t remember one that you can call a clear example of simulation. The officials appear to agree. We had the same with Andy Johnson who won so many penalties. Zaha is clever I’ll give you that, can draw or suck a player in to make a foul. There’s a distinction in that to cheating/diving.

So what you are saying is, he doesn't get awarded a foul when he ends up on his arse all that often, but still has gotten you 4 or 5 penaltys this season, despite missing the first 6 or 7 games of the season.
Sorry if I don't believe that it's due to his trickery, but there are other players in this league that spend more time in the oppositions box than Wilf, are just as tricky, but don't seem to spend half as much time on their arses.
Zaha goes over easier than a granny on an icy pavement.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
So what you are saying is, he doesn't get awarded a foul when he ends up on his arse all that often, but still has gotten you 4 or 5 penaltys this season, despite missing the first 6 or 7 games of the season.
Sorry if I don't believe that, but there are other players in this league that spend more time in the oppositions box than Wilf, are just as tricky, but don't seem to spend half as much time on their arses.
Zaha goes over easier than a granny on an icy pavement.

ah yeah, who are they then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just go get another example of Wilfs diving. I'm sure with Wilfs back catalogue there must be something more damning. This really isnt the strongest case.

I expect there is, but why bother ? This is as clear an example as any. Zero contact from the defender (who for an added bonus doesn't even put in a challenge), and he throws himself to the floor. Its textbook Zaha.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I expect there is, but why bother ? This is as clear an example as any. Zero contact from the defender (who for an added bonus doesn't even put in a challenge), and he throws himself to the floor. Its textbook Zaha.

Thats because its not a dive. Stop trying to force something that isnt there. Poor example of diving. Probably why he wasnt booked for it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats because its not a dive. Stop trying to force something that isnt there. Poor example of diving. Probably why he wasnt booked for it.

What the hell was it then ? Are you going to say he fell over the ball ?

The fact he wasn't booked is neither here nor there. Referee's are notoriously inconsistent when it comes to dives, I've seen plenty of them go unpunished, some from our own players. Izqueirdo did a RIDICULOUS swan-dive in the box a few weeks ago, everyone just laughed and the game went on.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
What the hell was it then ? Are you going to say he fell over the ball ?

The fact he wasn't booked is neither here nor there. Referee's are notoriously inconsistent when it comes to dives, I've seen plenty of them go unpunished, some from our own players. Izqueirdo did a RIDICULOUS swan-dive in the box a few weeks ago, everyone just laughed and the game went on.

to me he looks like hes fallen doing his twisting cruyff thing, no deception. Fair point, although you would have hoped with a serial diver like Wilf it would have been spotted at least once right?

Were you at the cup game by any chance? Did you see when Wilf got knocked over (not a foul) when in the box went down but got back on his feet, still with the ball? Just an example is all.

All gone a little knit picky this hasnt it? Have a good evening.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Get your eyes tested please and maybe perhaps your brain as well. I can't believe you are still going on this.

@Mods, I think it may have been done before, but can you ban a P@lace goon for stupidity? He's so far off the scale that he's in danger of giving the others credibility.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Get your eyes tested please and maybe perhaps your brain as well. I can't believe you are still going on this.

@Mods, I think it may have been done before, but can you ban a P@lace goon for stupidity? He's so far off the scale that he's in danger of giving the others credibility.
There should be a ban for squealing in that case .

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013

What because I dont agree with your Brighton bias on a Palace player diving. Dont be a twit. You should get a ban your self. Go put your nightie on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here