Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Did all you Brighton customers have this obsession with facilities and training grounds before the Penguin pumped £300m into your club?
Awww. Like a jealous five year old, red faced and stamping his feet....

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Awww. Like a jealous five year old, red faced and stamping his feet....

Be honest here, without your Dolphi.. I mean Seagulls hat on, do you honestly think the majority of Palace fans would swap Selhurst for your ground situation? Selhurst and our new yet to be confirmed bolt on for me any day.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Be honest here, without your Dolphi.. I mean Seagulls hat on, do you honestly think the majority of Palace fans would swap Selhurst for your ground situation? Selhurst and our new yet to be confirmed bolt on for me any day.

I'm sooo clad you feel that way

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Probably not, because Selhurst is YOUR home, and it really, REALLY suits you.

How about a different question - which ground would 100 random fans of other clubs prefer?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Probably not, because Selhurst is YOUR home, and it really, REALLY suits you.

How about a different question - which ground would 100 random fans of other clubs prefer?

I would be very interested to know. Depends on what experience you are looking for I suppose. Do you want an identikit experience like many other clubs or a more traditional style. Each to there own. Not very unique though, nothing about the Amex identifies with anything to do with Brighton. just a rehash of what everyone else does. I'm glad you like it though. Really need to get over your obsession with the ground and attendances though.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
I would be very interested to know. Depends on what experience you are looking for I suppose. Do you want an identikit experience like many other clubs or a more traditional style. Each to there own. Not very unique though just a rehash of what everyone else does.

I believe that your definition of 'traditional' might be different to mine. The away serving hatch/toilet combo in the AW is ridiculous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, looks state of the art to me. Not sure how you can type that with a straight face.

Oh and the "stadium application" is to bolt one new stand onto one end of your crumbling shithole of a ground for a ridiculous amount of money. Plus it's only an application, and nobody told Sainsbury's.

After five years of PL cash you call that good investment? Incorrect.
c5572ce8aebac8f22e0261b3f83172be.jpg

Meanwhile...

bhafc-official-opening-07.jpg

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I would be very interested to know. Depends on what experience you are looking for I suppose. Do you want an identikit experience like many other clubs or a more traditional style. Each to there own. Not very unique though just a rehash of what everyone else does.

So, identikit hey (which it's not). What is the style of your new bolt on main stand?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
All you do is write rubbish, ignore the replies that call you out on the rubbish and then move on to more rubbish.

Tiresome. But so typically Palace.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Course they wouldn’t......live in a caravan, watch football at a dump.......probably feels like a nice day out.

Seriously though, if anyone would rather suffer that crumbling, decrepit shithole than our place then good luck to them - ‘home’ is ‘home’ I guess. Don’t think many of us would swap. Two mins looking at the football ground guide reviews gives you a quick understanding of the away fan’s opinion at least.....

‘The gantry is low, the legroom pitiful’
‘Whitehorse Lane Stand is odd and must be a real eyesore....’
‘Can’t help think the ground’s days are numbered’
‘The away end is absolutely abysmal’
‘Pillars obstruct the view’
‘It is quite possibly the worst view in the PL’
‘Needs some major TLC’

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Cor that's a toughie. Would fans rather one of the best modern stadiums in the country or an utter shitheap?

Tricky one...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Probably not. Its like you've become institutionalised. You're so used to existing day-to-day in decrepit, crumbling slum surroundings, be that at home or at the game, that you simply cannot handle a clean, modern, asbestos-free fit-for-purpose 21st century environment designed for normal human beings to enjoy. Its so strange and alien to Palace fans that once put in that situation, you don't know how to handle it. You become confused and aggressive. You end up lashing out, setting fires, wearing masks, beating up stewards, hurdling turnstiles, forcing doors, letting off pyrotechnics etc. You regress to an almost primal state. Its not your fault though. You're just a product of your own impoverished environment.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Course they wouldn’t......live in a caravan, watch football at a dump.......probably feels like a nice day out.

Seriously though, if anyone would rather suffer that crumbling, decrepit shithole than our place then good luck to them - ‘home’ is ‘home’ I guess. Don’t think many of us would swap. Two mins looking at the football ground guide reviews gives you a quick understanding of the away fan’s opinion at least.....

‘The gantry is low, the legroom pitiful’
‘Whitehorse Lane Stand is odd and must be a real eyesore....’
‘Can’t help think the ground’s days are numbered’
‘The away end is absolutely abysmal’
‘Pillars obstruct the view’
‘It is quite possibly the worst view in the PL’
‘Needs some major TLC’

And yet

https://talksport.com/football/rank...atmosphere-their-home-stadium-worst-best?p=17

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here