Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
“Former Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer has amusingly compared Eagles talisman Wilfried Zaha to Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.” - Sports Illustrated

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Not designed to impress you dear fellow. An example of 'investment', possibly a poor one but investment none the less.

Nonetheless my flabber was ghasted and I remain in the impressed gang.

Will file this fact in my 'wow wee aren't Palace great' file long with:

- Silly marble playing twats (Billy Boys) who jump up and down in the corner at home games;

- An eagle that flies around before the game (Eagles being prevalent in Sarf London);

-Ricky Heppolette and Brain Basin played for Palace;

- Great song celebratory by a North London pop combo; and

- Steve Parish and Mark Bright.

oh I wish I was Palace....

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Nonetheless my flabber was ghasted and I remain in the impressed gang.

Will file this fact in my 'wow wee aren't Palace great' file long with:

- Silly marble playing twats (Billy Boys) who jump up and down in the corner at home games;

- An eagle that flies around before the game (Eagles being prevalent in Sarf London);

-Ricky Heppolette and Brain Basin played for Palace;

- Great song celebratory by a North London pop combo; and

- Steve Parish and Mark Bright.

oh I wish I was Palace....

Righto Nige

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Training ground has been hugely invested in and stadium application has been submitted with funding ring fenced so incorrect. We are also right up there in terms of wages. We have a left back that cost more than your record fee striker. All significant investment. We have had horrific luck with injuries any team would suffer. But we had a window to do something about it and we didnt thats the issue.

Excuse my ignorance. I was aware that Palace bought their training ground a few year's back. A quick Google tells me this was for £2.3M in 2013 but that the money they have saved on the 5 year lease cost of £200,310 p.a. meant that their actual investment was less than £1.3M over five years and would become cost neutral early in the 2020s. http://www.allsop.co.uk/media/cryst...he-hammer-at-allsops-july-commercial-auction/

I also found an article about refused planning permission for development last year http://www.bromleytimes.co.uk/news/...re-are-already-objections-1-5141589-1-5141589

I haven't been able to find any reference to a huge investment. Can you enlighten me?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Training ground has been hugely invested in and stadium application has been submitted with funding ring fenced so incorrect. We are also right up there in terms of wages. We have a left back that cost more than your record fee striker. All significant investment. We have had horrific luck with injuries any team would suffer. But we had a window to do something about it and we didnt thats the issue.

This has always been the problem at Palace. Wages and player fees are just money dropping into the ocean, never to be seen again. Spending what you don't have, and when creditors need paying, writing it off, paying 2p in the £, and starting again.

Investment means infrstructure, such as improving the stadium, rebuilding decent facilities at the training ground, and investing in youngsters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

timthumb-911.jpg

So 5 years spent in the PL gets you a small cricket pavilion. Nice.

And you haven't submitted a "stadium application". You've outlined some plans scrawled on the back of a beermat for ONE refurbed stand, but as of last week nothing has been formally submitted. And the plans are already being picked apart by planning officers.

As for your squad investment, I think its marvellous that you've spent more on a leftback than our all time record signing. But as you said yourself, you have a chronic lack of quality throughout the squad, so whilst money has certainly been spent on fee's, on wages, on all the managers you keep hiring and firing, its probably not been all that WISELY spent, now has it.

As I said. Utter, utter shambles.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Training ground has been hugely invested in and stadium application has been submitted with funding ring fenced so incorrect.

Yeah, looks state of the art to me. Not sure how you can type that with a straight face.

Oh and the "stadium application" is to bolt one new stand onto one end of your crumbling shithole of a ground for a ridiculous amount of money. Plus it's only an application, and nobody told Sainsbury's.

After five years of PL cash you call that good investment? Incorrect.
c5572ce8aebac8f22e0261b3f83172be.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair , Palace have a bit of a shocking set of fixtures coming up which they could well of lost anyway.

As much as we need to get safe by the last few games. They have some very very winnable games to conclude the season.

Can't see them going down but on top of being the worst team for a whole calendar year ...... its very pleasing to see the circus go from strength to strength.

And still they show their spotty faces on here.

No shame the Nigels

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Wow, you do spend a LOT of time reading this board.

Probably like the rest of us and cannot be bothered to register on their pathetic forum board and gets refused to read more than a couple of posts unless he signs on there.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Did all you Brighton customers have this obsession with facilities and training grounds before the Penguin pumped £300m into your club?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did all you Brighton customers have this obsession with facilities and training grounds before the Penguin pumped £300m into your club?

Given that we were playing at a municipal athletics track and the team were training in a ploughed field strewn with dogshit, yes.

Yes we did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here