Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not very unique though, nothing about the Amex identifies with anything to do with Brighton. just a rehash of what everyone else does. I'm glad you like it though.

Nothing?

Nothing at all?

Not the very design of the stadium - the sweeping arches - produced to blend with the natural curves of the South Downs?

Nor the MASSIVE Albion badge on the stadium approach?

Nor the artworks submitted by Albion fans, inspired by Albion history, that adorn the walls of all the home concourses?

Nor the commissioned artworks inspired by former players that adorn the walls and corridors of the corporate and players areas?

Nor the huge banner artwork installation of former players and managers that runs 150m around the outside of the ground?

Nor the thousands of fan-commissioned heritage stones embedded into the stadium paving?

Nor the memorial garden dedicated to fans and staff, lost to us?

Nor the artworks in the supporters' bar, including the huge fan-produced mosaic made up of many thousands of pictures of Albion fans?

Fair enough.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
So...how are we tenth in that ranking, if our atmosphere is so shit? Oh yeah. It isn't. We have the best of both worlds, you can have a decent stadium and a decent atmosphere, turns out.

As I said 10th ,average. Yet in spite of our impoverished surroundings we still manage to overlook the lack of creature comforts and stinking sewerage to shout and jump. A modern miracle

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing?

Nothing at all?

Not the very design of the stadium - the sweeping arches - produced to blend with the natural curves of the South Downs?

Nor the artworks submitted by Albion fans, inspired by Albion history, that adorn the walls of all the home concourses?

Nor the commissioned artworks inspired by former players that adorn the walls and corridors of the corporate and players areas?

Nor the huge banner artwork installation of former players and managers that runs 150m around the outside of the ground?

Nor the thousands of fan-commissioned heritage stones embedded into the stadium paving?

Nor the artworks in the supporters' bar, including the huge fan-produced mosaic made up of many thousands of pictures of Albion fans?

Fair enough.

They were too busy with their firework display to notice this stuff...

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Yes I also agree with the opinion of ONE "journalist" from Talkshite over the views of thousands of football fans who have actually been to the grounds in question. Definitely.

If this is really your level of debate then I'd stop now if I were you. You're getting totally embarrassed.

Actually don't, it's funny. [emoji23]

Just an example my dear fellow. But yes you are correct i'm sure only Talksport has commented on our 'atmosphere'.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Nothing?

Nothing at all?

Fair enough.

cant work out if this is serious or not

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
St James' Park being 1st completely invalidates that list, as anyone who has visited will know. INSANELY overrated atmosphere.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
From Holmesdale.net:

I for one am delighted we are staying put. Identikit, flat pack stadia have had their day. If the new main stand (PP permitting) is anywhere near as good as the artists impressions I can see our ground becoming even more iconic.

:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just an example my dear fellow. But yes you are correct i'm sure only Talksport has commented on our 'atmosphere'.

The media love 40 people wearring black and jumping around because they pretend it means that the soul that they ripped out of football is still there really. It's not.

You have a few tossers who like to dress in black and stand in a corner. Big deal. Selhurst in general is crap, as is the atmosphere. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Be honest here, without your Dolphi.. I mean Seagulls hat on, do you honestly think the majority of Palace fans would swap Selhurst for your ground situation? Selhurst and our new yet to be confirmed bolt on for me any day.

Probably not, because Selhurst is YOUR home, and it really, REALLY suits you.

How about a different question - which ground would 100 random fans of other clubs prefer?

I would be very interested to know.
Like it isn't a forgone conclusion. :lolol:

Anyone who has been to your absolute shìt tip with it's deckchair/supermarket combo at one end, comedy enormous barn at the other, rickety wooden benches in the main stand and 100 year old facilities in the half-awake will have made their mind up long before even attending the nearly always sold-out Amex.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A myth which was debunked years ago you mean? Yes, that's right.

Lots of comments about your spotty chav crew waving banners and banging a drum. Also lots about how quickly the atmosphere changed to toxicity once the results went to shit.

That Talksport piece is the definition of lazy journalism. Rehashing bullshit from years ago instead of doing any actual research. Newcastle are number 1 btw. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Keep digging though.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Like it isn't a forgone conclusion. :lolol:

Anyone who has been to your absolute shìt tip with it's deskchair/supermarket combo at one end, comedy enormous barn at the other, rickety wooden benches in the main stand and 100 year old facilities in the half-awake will have made their mind up long before even attending the nearly always sold-out Amex.

I assume you are referring to the games against Palace

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From Holmesdale.net:

I for one am delighted we are staying put. Identikit, flat pack stadia have had their day. If the new main stand (PP permitting) is anywhere near as good as the artists impressions I can see our ground becoming even more iconic.

:lolol:

selhurst_park01.jpg

selhurst-park-exterior.jpg

"Iconic"

(apparently WE'RE the deluded ones....)

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
A myth which was debunked years ago you mean? Yes, that's right.

Lots of comments about your spotty chav crew waving banners and banging a drum. Also lots about how quickly the atmosphere changed to toxicity once the results went to shit.

That Talksport piece is the definition of lazy journalism. Rehashing bullshit from years ago instead of doing any actual research. Newcastle are number 1 btw. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Keep digging though.

Just wondering where your research is to support your claim against my lack of research?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be honest here, without your Dolphi.. I mean Seagulls hat on, do you honestly think the majority of Palace fans would swap Selhurst for your ground situation? Selhurst and our new yet to be confirmed bolt on for me any day.

The one that looks very much like the West Stand at the Amex, you mean?

And no, to be fair, I imagine there aren't many Glazier....er, I mean, Eagles fans who would swap, because I know and you know that the horrific old place rather suits you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
selhurst_park01.jpg

selhurst-park-exterior.jpg

"Iconic"

(apparently WE'RE the deluded ones....)

Steady on Easy: move with the times!

They have CLADDING on those grubby old sheds now, in classic Vera Duckworth style.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I assume you are referring to the games against Palace

I'm referring to this:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

2017 27.996
2016 25.583
2015 25.645
2014 27.283
2013 26.236
2012 20.028 (before the east upper was built)

Bearing in mind that we weren't in the top division in any of those years, we've hit 90% of capacity or higher for 6 (now 7) successive years.

Your gates in the 2 years you were in the same division were:
2013 16.933
2012 15.219

They have risen since then, what with all your plastic Johnny Two-Clubs clamouring for top flight tickets, but still a comfortable 2-3,000 below our Championship gates.

I think that answers your painfully easily answered question. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here