Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
So was it the loud bangs that scared more than half the amex away?

Well, I know I shouldn't feed the troll - but, honestly, how many people do you think were SCARED to attend? 4? 12? 27? Maybe as high as a few hundred if you want to expand 'scared' to 'can't be bothered with the associated bullshit'.

Mostly people either were put off by the horrible scheduling - Monday night FFS? (and not just any Monday night, but a Monday night with a planned rail strike), or just were not that arsed with paying the stupidly high prices being asked to watch our respective fringe sides.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Were you one of the scaredy cats that didnt turn up in the cup by any chance?

No, I there...and as pointed out, the scared people were in the away end. You know, the ones that spent the night and the following days publicly berating the club and your chairman on Twitter, radio phone-ins etc for actively allowing and encouraging these juvenile twats to do what they do (and then, despite promises, seemingly doing nothing to bring the offenders to book - but no-one is surprised about that).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Training ground has been hugely invested in and stadium application has been submitted with funding ring fenced so incorrect. We are also right up there in terms of wages. We have a left back that cost more than your record fee striker. All significant investment. We have had horrific luck with injuries any team would suffer. But we had a window to do something about it and we didnt thats the issue.

Excuse my ignorance. I was aware that Palace bought their training ground a few year's back. A quick Google tells me this was for £2.3M in 2013 but that the money they have saved on the 5 year lease cost of £200,310 p.a. meant that their actual investment was less than £1.3M over five years and would become cost neutral early in the 2020s. http://www.allsop.co.uk/media/cryst...he-hammer-at-allsops-july-commercial-auction/

I also found an article about refused planning permission for development last year http://www.bromleytimes.co.uk/news/...re-are-already-objections-1-5141589-1-5141589

I haven't been able to find any reference to a huge investment. Can you enlighten me?

Hey [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] - given that since you made your claim that the "Training ground has been hugely invested in" you have spent two-and-a-half hours logged in to NSC and made a further 23 posts, I assume you have nothing major to do today, so......... any chance you could back up your claims about this investment?
[MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] seems to be calling you a liar, so over to you....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Be honest here, without your Dolphi.. I mean Seagulls hat on, do you honestly think the majority of Palace fans would swap Selhurst for your ground situation? Selhurst and our new yet to be confirmed bolt on for me any day.
Bloody hell of course they would. Obviously they can't admit it, but it goes without saying that fans would rather have our stadium than yours.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*the heritage you wilfully shelved in favour of a contrived but more glamorous connection to a bird which has never in the history of South London resided in the wild there.
Are you suggesting that being chained up in captivity isn't the same as being as free as a, well, bird?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Zaha is a diving cheat... I feel zero sympathy for the Greg Louganis of Croydon and sincerely hope Sky have got this very wrong...he is also, after all, their talisman, and an extended absence for him would seriously **** them over...

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Given that we were playing at a municipal athletics track and the team were training in a ploughed field strewn with dogshit, yes.

Yes we did.

Bet you lot didn't have the same snotty attitude towards other clubs facilities back in those days... You lot are like an old Moulsecoomb council house hag that has somehow managed to marry a wealth lord and has turned all high and mighty.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Bet you lot didn't have the same snotty attitude towards other clubs facilities back in those days... You lot are like an old Moulsecoomb council house hag that has somehow managed to marry a wealth lord and has turned all high and mighty.

And you Sir, are a cockwomble.

I say Sir, but from that photo it's so hard to tell.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at all. There are plenty of clubs that don't have the money to improve their facilities, which is fine. And I like a bit of character with grounds too. Your ground however, is a bit long in the tooth now, and you've had years of massive PL revenue that should have sorted some of it out by now.

I would have much preferred to have your ground than what we had at the Withdean. I have great memories from there, but it was an awful place for football. And not everything is bad about your ground, it's your home like the Goldstone was ours, most of you aren't getting rained on, most of you get a fair view. But obviously it's nicer to watch in our stadium, and you hope your new stand will offer improvements.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Whereas you lot still remind me of low-life caravan dwellers, who have no chance of meeting, let alone marrying above their station at any point, or improving their status in any way, except by securing a prison sentence for their skanky prostitute ways and / or drug abuse...

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Hey [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] - given that since you made your claim that the "Training ground has been hugely invested in" you have spent two-and-a-half hours logged in to NSC and made a further 23 posts, I assume you have nothing major to do today, so......... any chance you could back up your claims about this investment?

[MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] seems to be calling you a liar, so over to you....

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ace-premier-league-success-story-steve-parish

The level of detail you and your fellow seagull fan have gone into here is a little creepy I must say. I suppose we can argue the definition of huge. If you have time, i'm guessing you do, you can have a little look at this article where Steve Talks about investment.

You may also find it useful to know that on computers these days you can have more than one tab/screen open at any one time. So unfortunately your intimation that I have been sitting on NSC for 2.5 hours is a little naive.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Lots of comments about your spotty chav crew waving banners and banging a drum. Also lots about how quickly the atmosphere changed to toxicity once the results went to shit.

I think our support coped with atrocious home form over an extended period of time remarkably well, in all honesty. We were utterly useless at Selhurst for an awfully long time and it still took month after month of negative results for the first boos to start ringing out. Pardew was given an enormous amount of time by the fans and led us on a run of something like 2 wins in 20-odd games and only at the very end did things start to turn sour.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
B & Q has a buy one pack of nails get one free offer on, should come in useful for some of your seats [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think our support coped with atrocious home form over an extended period of time remarkably well, in all honesty. We were utterly useless at Selhurst for an awfully long time and it still took month after month of negative results for the first boos to start ringing out. Pardew was given an enormous amount of time by the fans and led us on a run of something like 2 wins in 20-odd games and only at the very end did things start to turn sour.

That's bullshit for a start. First game of the season at Home to Huddersfield thousands walked out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here