Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains to Everton

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
All cheap trains will have gone by now. I was pretty late getting mine and had to settle for rubbish times to keep cost down.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All cheap trains will have gone by now. I was pretty late getting mine and had to settle for rubbish times to keep cost down.

Yeah I was looking earlier. Don't seem to be many cheap ones left...

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Somebody suggested to me going via Warrington Bank. Might be cheaper. Got mine be when the tv fixtures were announced £34.20 return with my railcard

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I live in brighton but go uni in liverpool, the cheapest way tends to be breaking up the journey so look at tickets between brighton, london, stafford, and liverpool separately or a combination of those.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You can get a return to Burnley from London really cheap at the moment but no point getting them until Sky release tv dates for late April.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Booked, £203 for 3 adults with one rail card. Could have got £20 off by getting a later train home but the savings I would only have spent on beer waiting for the later train.

I think its best to take a gamble and just book the train well in advance, to date haven't had any problems with match tickets so its a safe bet.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I’ve been looking for Burnley tickets but can’t see any cheap ones, where are you looking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BA417D20-5B37-4EDC-B1C8-EF09028273DE.png

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems a pain but Everton trains quite expensive. We're going via Wigan as that's a quick journey and works out at about £70 return from Euston.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Seems a pain but Everton trains quite expensive. We're going via Wigan as that's a quick journey and works out at about £70 return from Euston.

You can do it for about £35 return if you split the journey at Crewe. Euston to Crewe then day return Crewe to Liverpool.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sadly so. I have to somehow get the 17-47 back to London after the match.

Just been looking at this on the map as I'm catching one about 15 mins later. If you want to avoid public transport shenanigans and don't want to bother with a cab, I reckon it's walkable in 48 minutes. Good luck!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just been looking at this on the map as I'm catching one about 15 mins later. If you want to avoid public transport shenanigans and don't want to bother with a cab, I reckon it's walkable in 48 minutes. Good luck!

I did look at the early train but it really think it will be a bit too tight, on the 6.47pm, leisurely trip without leaving the ground early and as chance to restock on beer and nibbles for the return journey.

The 7.47pm is also a cheaper option but I just thought what you save you'd spend on booze while waiting for the train.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sadly so. I have to somehow get the 17-47 back to London after the match.

We are on that one, although not got an advance fare just in case. Annoying thing is the one an hour later from Lime street gets us home two hours after due to connections at London.

We are aiming to get back to Kirkdale station, which is about 15 minutes walk and trains every five-ten minutes or so from there to Liverpool central which is a five minute walk from Lime street.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here