Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by golddene View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hear what you're saying but I've watched the clip over again and watching the seconds on the timer (top left) I do not think the clip has been altered, if it has what on earth would the point be?
    It's entirely possible for frames to be dropped without the clock being obviously affected. You don't need to drop very many of them. Given the way slow mo works, it's definitely that some frames will have been lost in this video. Whether deliberate or not (to be honest, I don't think it is deliberate - just an unfortunate side effect of the technique used to produce the slow mo), there's frames at the key moment that aren't present. I've not got time to download the video and have a play with it in software that let's me look at it frame-by-frame, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's key frames missing from the time where the contact was made which leads to an incorrect assumption that it didn't happen.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seasidesage View Post
      He doesn't though. He pulls it for sure but the contact is still there. Would it have felled you or me? No. But its contact without playing the ball. Its a foul.

Same as the first one. Has Kane played for the Pen? 100% but the contact is still made. None of this is Queensbury rules but I'd want our lads to go down in the same situations. Not that we'dve got the decisions!
      Contact doesn't automatically make it a foul.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if there's key frames missing from the time where the contact was made which leads to an incorrect assumption that it didn't happen.
      If contact wasn't made (it 100% was), Lamela must have supernatural powers for reaching back and grabbing the part of his leg where contact was nearly made.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
      It's entirely possible for frames to be dropped without the clock being obviously affected. You don't need to drop very many of them. Given the way slow mo works, it's definitely that some frames will have been lost in this video. Whether deliberate or not (to be honest, I don't think it is deliberate - just an unfortunate side effect of the technique used to produce the slow mo), there's frames at the key moment that aren't present. I've not got time to download the video and have a play with it in software that let's me look at it frame-by-frame, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's key frames missing from the time where the contact was made which leads to an incorrect assumption that it didn't happen.
      Feck me, I'm just an ignorant technophobe, please don't confuse me with someone who knows what he's talking about? Just thought it would have been major hassle removing frames for no real gain, I bow to your better knowledge, I'll keep my nose out of techie stuff that I have no knowledge of, sorry mate. PS this reply is straight up, no sarcasm or anything else intended.