Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Uckfield Seagull I remember the good times's Avatar

That Liverpool offside/penalty

3 Not allowed!
    I've just watched SSN and they showed in detail the Kane penalty where he was offside but Lovren played him onside.
    Put yourself in the Liverpool players expensive boots. Had he stepped away from the ball Kane was offside but what if the linesman missed it and the ref said play on?
    Surely there has to be a law where the offside player is offside because he was interfering with play i.e. Lovren played the ball knowing Kane was behind him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      kane dived and should be subject to a respective ban but we all know that won't happen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You were right, yet again.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42943628

Referee Jon Moss was "misguided" to ask the fourth official for help using television when awarding Tottenham's first penalty at Liverpool on Sunday, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) says.

Moss made the request to Martin Atkinson via his headset after Harry Kane had been brought down by Reds keeper Loris Karius - with the referee trying to clarify if the Spurs striker was offside.

Video assistant referee (VAR) was not in operation at Anfield.

"For the avoidance of doubt, Atkinson did not view a television monitor and did not relay any information to the on-field officials," PGMOL said in a statement.

PGMOL said Moss was right to give the spot-kick - which was missed - and was correct in recognising that Kane was not offside because Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren had deliberately played the ball in the run-up to the incident.

After initially awarding the penalty, Moss spoke with assistant referee Eddie Smart to clarify if Kane had been offside.

Moss was seen on camera asking Atkinson if there was "anything from TV" showing if Lovren had touched the ball, before sticking to his decision without receiving a response.

Kane's effort was saved by Karius, though the England forward made no mistake when Tottenham were given a second penalty - also awarded after consultation with Smart - in the dying seconds of the game to score his 100th Premier League goal and secure a 2-2 draw.

"Jon Moss was in a good position to see that a Liverpool player deliberately played the ball before it fell to Harry Kane in the penalty area. He then correctly judged that Kane was fouled by Loris Karius," the statement said.

"However, given the speed of the attack he was uncertain of the identity of the Liverpool player who kicked the ball.

"Eddie Smart, having identified that Kane was in an offside position, correctly sought clarification on whether Dejan Lovren had deliberately played the ball.

"In real time this was a difficult series of decisions which the match officials judged correctly."
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      I've just watched SSN and they showed in detail the Kane penalty where he was offside but Lovren played him onside.
      Put yourself in the Liverpool players expensive boots. Had he stepped away from the ball Kane was offside but what if the linesman missed it and the ref said play on?
      Surely there has to be a law where the offside player is offside because he was interfering with play i.e. Lovren played the ball knowing Kane was behind him.
      Agreed. IMO the interpretation of the rule they’ve been quoting, is wrong. Kane DID go toward the ball (in an offside position) and that necessitated Lovren’s touch. Without Kane there, he could have let in run through to Karius.

Absolutely offside (and a dive for the actual pen, but that’s a whole other argument)
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

1 Not allowed!
      I didn't understand why they were even debating whether Lovren got a touch of the ball or not. Surely that's irrelevant, as Kane was clearly offside the moment the ball was played forward. Whether it touched a Liverpool player on the way through to him is neither here nor there.

Unless I'm missing something.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

2 Not allowed!
      The whole thing stinks. Lovren made a right hash of his clearance, scuffing the ball into the path of Kane, while £75mill Van Dijk doesn't want to admit he booted Lamela up the arse.

As a 49-year old brought up seeing The Kop pressurising refs to give Liverpool a load of bogus penalties in the late 70s / early 80s it's nice to see them get a touch of payback now.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Edit
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
      Uckfield Seagull I remember the good times's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      I didn't understand why they were even debating whether Lovren got a touch of the ball or not. Surely that's irrelevant, as Kane was clearly offside the moment the ball was played forward. Whether it touched a Liverpool player on the way through to him is neither here nor there.

Unless I'm missing something.
      Yes, from the second Lovren touched the ball Kane was onside as a Liverpool player touched the ball last. The argument being Lovren touched the ball because Kane was behind him. But had Lovren just stepped aside would the lino waved offside, they sometimes get it wrong.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Toting ham are a bunch of ****ing cheats.

I couldn't give a shit about Liverpool but there were at least 3 times, all different players where a minimum of a booking was appropriate for simulation.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by I remember the good times View Post
      Yes, from the second Lovren touched the ball Kane was onside as a Liverpool player touched the ball last. The argument being Lovren touched the ball because Kane was behind him. But had Lovren just stepped aside would the lino waved offside, they sometimes get it wrong.
      That's ridiculous. I don't mean you're wrong, I just mean that's a ridiculous rule. How on earth is Lovren supposed to know if Kane is offside and therefore whether to try to intercept the pass to him or not. Say Lovren had done even worse in his attempt and completely missed the ball then Kane is offside.