Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus Reporting on the Albion

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think some folk don't like the safe nature of his reporting. He doesn't seem to want to upset the club these days.

He winds people up during the transfer window simply because he shoots down most speculation.

As regards being arrogant, the amount of people who have a pop at him, for me, gives him the right to snipe back.

I'm team Andy.

Was that okay, Andy ? Send the cheque to...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can't honestly remember him getting any info signing/leaving on any player before i read it on NSC or a bloke down the pub told me , apart from that i find some of the general information he posts quite handy and informative , considering his main job is to liase between the club and fans he does a fair job , what about you Larry ? are you good at your job ? because my sources tell me you need to up your game a bit .

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I can't honestly remember him getting any info signing/leaving on any player before i read it on NSC or a bloke down the pub told me , apart from that i find some of the general information he posts quite handy and informative , considering his main job is to liase between the club and fans he does a fair job , what about you Larry ? are you good at your job ? because my sources tell me you need to up your game a bit .

I think you will find Larry is retired and thoroughly nice chap.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I like the Argus reports generally. Not ground breaking but something to read. There are some real idiots that reply to them though. Same half a dozen trolls that seem to get everyone else going !

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Andy is a decent reporter who is not afraid to express his firm opinion, which is part of his job after all. Some of the care bears on here don't like it when he is strong with his views, but that is more their problem than his.

I don't always agree with his views, but follow him on Twitter and value his input to all things Albion,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He does a much better job than John Vinnicombe did, does that help?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I like the Argus reports generally. Not ground breaking but something to read. There are some real idiots that reply to them though. Same half a dozen trolls that seem to get everyone else going !

The Argus comment section is no longer funny really. Seriously disturbed individuals making libelous and pathetic conversation.

Certain articles appear in the paper about quite pleasant and benign situations and there are a few really pathetic individuals who have to have a go.

A friend of mine has a rare and terminal condition that the Argus did a feature on. As the article spoke about stuff he is doing in LBTQ community one of the C**** in the comments column thought it right to make gay jokes and another suggest it was HIV. Just shows what sad individuals those pages are a magnet to.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I'm sure that people will correct my fading memory, but if I recall correctly the Argus used to have a match report on a Saturday evening and for any mid week game. Then I think a mid week article, although that might have been in the Gazette. And then a piece if anything unusual happened like signing Bobby Smith or Brian Clough. Maybe there was a bit more than this but certainly the back page didn't have an Albion piece every day.

Nowdays the Argus has to put out multiple articles every day to compete with social media and satisfy the online audience. Even when there is really nothing to say. This means that most of the articles are barely worth reading.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I dont care for him one way or another either

He's decent enough I suppose, if you are into reading the Argus, prefer to get my news elsewhere TBH like here

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Andy is a decent reporter who is not afraid to express his firm opinion, which is part of his job after all. Some of the care bears on here don't like it when he is strong with his views, but that is more their problem than his.

I don't always agree with his views, but follow him on Twitter and value his input to all things Albion,

Some of his strong opinions in the past have been, "you won't need 20,000 seats in your Stadium for at least ten years" and "You are dreaming if you think Bobby Zamora is coming back for one last season"
Personally, my biggest issue with him was that his reporting of the Albion was totally clouded by his personal feelings/relationship with the manager of the day. His love in with Mickey Adams 2nd time around and his dislike of Wilkins before him. Seemed to not like McGhee either.
Things are a bit different now and he is kept a bit more at arms length by the club, but pre Barber, he seemed to either have his tongue up the Managers backside or was stabbing them in the back.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No from me also

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here