Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs! Open the upper stands and get tickets on general sale! - East Stand Upper now on sale

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just seen because Coventry have sold allocation no tickets now available unless have a purchasing history. Why ? Surely with thousands of tickets available this was a chance for anybody to go for first time. Why on earth stop these people going who have been unable to go before

Have just seen because Coventry have sold allocation no tickets now available unless have a purchasing history. Why ? Surely with thousands of tickets available this was a chance for anybody to go for first time. Why on earth stop these people going who have been unable to go before

The answer is to prevent away fans buying tickets in the home stands.

The overall result with the clubs actions on this game is that fewer football fans will be attending a game that has ample seats to house them. Odd that buy not given them a larger allocation that sales are also restrcited in the home stands.

I would love to have seen my old O Level economics teacher explain that one!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Get impression club are doing everything possible to not create enough interest to open upper tiers. If they dont want Brighton supporters there why not give them to Coventry.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Coventry sell out in 3 hours
They sell 4529 tickets in three hours. We, as the home team with over 40K ST holders and waiting list fans, cant sell 15K.
For crying out loud, lets get the Amex rocking with another 3K away fans in the East Upper.
Never going to happen.

Once the flare was let off at MK Dons that idea would have become fantasy.

Coupled with the reported racism and homophobia detailed on the Coventry messageboards at Forest Green, then any more seats became totally out of the question.

As it is they have pretty much the largest away allocation ever at the Amex.

Get impression club are doing everything possible to not create enough interest to open upper tiers. If they dont want Brighton supporters there why not give them to Coventry.

I’m sure we are wrong but initially this argument seems to have some merit.

We are in the last 16 with a great chance to progess to the last 8 of the most famous football competition in the world

Since qualifying we have had one home game, yet none of the banner, TV or poster ads in the loo mentioned it. Did RR mention it?

The pricing is very attractive, but I think this would have had to been agreed with Coventry so maybe we can’t credit the club with this one.

The only mention on the website was when many fans were travelling to Southamton with the article quickly relegated.

Some of the most popular seats in our stadium have not been released for sale. No doubt some fingers were burned after the Palace game but we can all name a dozen reasons why it’s different this time.

These reasons, along with the reported ticketing issues online and now the (not on the main website) announcement that there will be no general sale probably means this game will be way short of a sell out.

In fact, considering the apathy from the club, it’s a darn decent effort we have shifted so many already. But it will be us fans who will be crtisised in the media in 2 weeks time, as we were after the 3rd round game for not giving a shit about the cup.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The answer is to prevent away fans buying tickets in the home stands.

I would love to have seen my old O Level economics teacher explain that one!

wonder if your teacher would have considered crowd control/safety in his/her deliberations. Would we feel the same if it was Millwall instead of Coventry? Coventry have been no angels in the past and allowing "fringe" supporters access to the home stands, above 1901, etc could cost more than the extra income generated

wonder if your teacher would have considered crowd control/safety in his/her deliberations. Would we feel the same if it was Millwall instead of Coventry? Coventry have been no angels in the past and allowing "fringe" supporters access to the home stands, above 1901, etc could cost more than the extra income generated

Oh come on. If that argument holds any merit how on earth were cup finals ever hosted between say United and City, Liverpool Man U etc.

Very recent events at the Amex show that if some creatures are intent on causing trouble, restricted the number of them that are allowed in the stadium won’t solve the issue. In fact, it might exacerbate it!

Coventry I’m sure have some absolute plonkers within their ranks, so do we. So do most clubs.

Football is a fans game and when fans from both sides cannot buy tickets when there is space available, something has gone seriously wrong.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
For goodness sake do you want to go the game or not? Looks like it is some of those not buying a ticket are being precious, not the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For goodness sake do you want to go the game or not? Looks like it is some of those not buying a ticket are being precious, not the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst not defending the club on the decisions made for the last two cup ties (which are open to question)...it does make me chuckle a bit when people have said they are not going because they can't sit in there own seat and yet stress the importance of a fifth round tie...but hey ho...i'm going and looking forward to what should be a cracking affair

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Since qualifying we have had one home game, yet none of the banner, TV or poster ads in the loo mentioned it. Did RR mention it?

The pricing is very attractive, but I think this would have had to been agreed with Coventry so maybe we can’t credit the club with this one.

The only mention on the website was when many fans were travelling to Southamton with the article quickly relegated.

Some of the most popular seats in our stadium have not been released for sale.

These reasons, along with the reported ticketing issues online and now the (not on the main website) announcement that there will be no general sale probably.

RR did mention it several times, it was on the big screen, it’s in the programme, there have been tens of thousands of targeted emails, the pricing decision is down to the club/agreed with Cov, it’s been in the press, the clubs social media feeds , and it’s permanently on the website (but yes not necessarily the homepage).

The pricing is very competitive if not cheap, it could feature the home debut of our record signing, and club have been fairly relaxed about multiple ticket sales per ST holder. It’s also 10 days to go.

Perhaps the demand simply isn’t there but opening up the ground in phases is standard stuff. And so is previous purchase history. (They are allowing groups to buy tickets for kids clubs etc by the way) And yes the ticketing site is confusing (or sometimes down)

But idea club are deliberately trying to dampen sales or doing something unusual in how they promote the match is a bit of a stretch.

nB: I’m waiting for the chance to go in ESU or WSU but if not then it’s the corners for me then. Won’t be missing it.

RR did mention it several times, it was on the big screen, it’s in the programme, there have been tens of thousands of targeted emails, the pricing decision is down to the club/agreed with Cov, it’s been in the press, the clubs social media feeds , and it’s permanently on the website (but yes not necessarily the homepage).

The pricing is very competitive if not cheap, it could feature the home debut of our record signing, and club have been fairly relaxed about multiple ticket sales per ST holder. It’s also 10 days to go.

Perhaps the demand simply isn’t there but opening up the ground in phases is standard stuff. And so is previous purchase history. (They are allowing groups to buy tickets for kids clubs etc by the way) And yes the ticketing site is confusing (or sometimes down)

But idea club are deliberately trying to dampen sales or doing something unusual in how they promote the match is a bit of a stretch.

nB: I’m waiting for the chance to go in ESU or WSU but if not then it’s the corners for me then. Won’t be missing it.

Thanks. Despite my obvious frustration with this, I am confident enough will sell tomorrow for at least one upper tier to be open by the end of the day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why are people so concerned about sitting in the upper tiers/usual seats? Surely it's a chance to try out a different part of the ground.

Have emailed Paul Barber about it and unless we completely sell out the upper tier wont be opened.

I think it will be virtually sold out tomorrow, bar maybe a few singles, family area or wheelchair spots.

The big issue as previously mentioned is if the lower tier is totally sold out tomorrow and we do at last get an upper tier, that means there are 10 days of ticket sales where those unable to navigate the stairs are excluded.

It’s as clear as mud, even to a blindfolded peanut farmer from Paraguay, that we will sell more than 1500 tickets between now and kick off, so why not just open up some updstairs seats now?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it will be virtually sold out tomorrow, bar maybe a few singles, family area or wheelchair spots.

The big issue as previously mentioned is if the lower tier is totally sold out tomorrow and we do at last get an upper tier, that means there are 10 days of ticket sales where those unable to navigate the stairs are excluded.

It’s as clear as mud, even to a blindfolded peanut farmer from Paraguay, that we will sell more than 1500 tickets between now and kick off, so why not just open up some updstairs seats now?

There are lifts. And it really is only an issue for fans who are not Bronze members and who have not got tickets via a STH. I really can't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here