Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

• Happy, and will renew

Votes: 132 54.5%
  • Unhappy, but will renew

Votes: 100 41.3%
  • Happy, but will not renew for other reasons

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Unhappy and won't renew

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The numbers are out:

Zone / 2018-19 Renewal Price / 2017-18 renewal price / rise

A £515 (£495) +4.0%
B/C £615 (£590) +4.2%
D £730 (£700) +4.3%
E £810 (£775) +4.5%
F £550 (£530) +3.8%

What's your view?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
ANOTHER ****in poll? :ffsparr:

EDIT: In all seriousness, I am neither happy or unhappy. Just a bit meh. Definitely renewing so have gone for the happy and renew option. The club can quite easily afford to freeze/reduce the prices so a bit miffed with that but at the end of the day it's only another 1/2 quid a month on the DD

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’ve put happy to renew. I did hope for a price freeze this time but I remind myself that my contribution of a season ticket and a few beers is nothing compared to what Mr Bloom has put in.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Up from £36.84 per match to £38.42 per match in East Upper. £1.58 increase.

It's a luxury for me, but if it got too expensive I'd move to the North* before not renewing.

*Stand, not Durham

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you asked for my preference for the price of anything I regularly pay for increasing I'd say no. I'd prefer not to pay more so not specifically angry with the club but would obviously prefer the increase to be with any increase of wages I get (fat chance of that happening!). So unhappy but will renew.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Given the minimal amount of our revenue that seems to come from ticket sales/season tickets - it just seems like an increase for the sake of it. Unhappy but will renew.

This would be a very valid point IF we were guaranteed to be playing in the Premier League next season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Given the minimal amount of our revenue that seems to come from ticket sales/season tickets - it just seems like an increase for the sake of it. Unhappy but will renew.

Its dwarfed by broadcast income but matchday income, given the sell out crowds and increased matchday ticket prices, is still likely to be in the region of a hefty £15m quid this season.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Unhappy, but will renew, sons seat goes from U21 to full adult next season too, he is a student so I will still be paying for his for next season.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I can take it. But appreciate the gradual creep upwards impacts some more than others.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's a very small increase on a per month basis, so that's not hugely upsetting. I'm a little upset that it's another rise when we're again uncertain of our division next season, so have put "Unhappy, but will renew", but it's much closer to indifference than rage.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It isn't our main source of income so its just a move to squeeze out a bit more cash .

Not really how you should treat your fans but then we are only customers.

Not happy but will renew

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It isn't our main source of income so its just a move to squeeze out a bit more cash .

Not really how you should treat your fans but then we are only customers.

Not happy but will renew

As above, this is a very valid point IF we were guaranteed to be playing in the Premier League next season.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
It is a pity that the club like loads of other businesses just see racking up prices as the only option.
After all this time at the Amex it would have been nice for someone (Barber?) to have given some thought to the process.
Such as......
1. Only include travel concession in the price if you actually want it and use it. (I don't so why should I have to pay for it?)
2. Look at the tiers. Why one same price for an 8 yo and a 17yo? Reduce the kids prices to encourage parents to bring them.
3. Why not reduce the senior prices to 60+ like some other Clubs? (yes I am 63)

Perhaps the Club can also ask the Caterers to stay within a reasonable increase as well for next season?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
A little bit unhappy about the rise as I thought that this coming season they may have frozen prices, but I love following The Albion home and away so will renew.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
After all this time at the Amex it would have been nice for someone (Barber?) to have given some thought to the process.

You think they just decided a random figure without any thought?

1. Only include travel concession in the price if you actually want it and use it. (I don't so why should I have to pay for it?)

Been discussed a thousand times, why it really does need to be this way. It just wouldn't work any other way.

Remember too, that the planning permission to build and operate the stadium, is based on the transport policy being in place.

2. Look at the tiers. Why one same price for an 8 yo and a 17yo? Reduce the kids prices to encourage parents to bring them.
It isn't. There are U10, U18 and U21 prices in different parts of the ground.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
It is a pity that the club like loads of other businesses just see racking up prices as the only option.
Such as......
3. Why not reduce the senior prices to 60+ like some other Clubs? (yes I am 63)

Perhaps the Club can also ask the Caterers to stay within a reasonable increase as well for next season?

Seems like your issues are based on you individually rather than the 20 odd thousand others...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here