Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

• Happy, and will renew

Votes: 132 54.5%
  • Unhappy, but will renew

Votes: 100 41.3%
  • Happy, but will not renew for other reasons

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Unhappy and won't renew

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst I agree that the club could freeze prices.
In reality why should they?
If the club had just wiped out all their debt, then I can see the argument for the club to give a bit back to the loyal fanbase.
But we haven't and are unlikely to do so for a very long time.

There remains a massive demand for tickets.
They could properly take the piss on prices and get away with it.

Not happy with it ( who likes paying more for anything) - but think it's a justifiable increase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An increase inline with inflation is easily justifiable. Anything else isn’t. My big concern is that swathes of supporters are now priced out. Id feel better if the club put aside x number of tickets to be sold for ten quid for each game. This would open up the AMEX to many more.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My travel would be about £100 for a season, so always factor that in that I can take any train or bus across the city or use the park and rides. Deduct that from the price, and the monthly DDs and it doesn't look so bad in comparison around the Premier League.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Those seem very good Premier League prices especially with the travel. However pretty shocking if we went down. If was able to get to games I'd be pretty happy to gamble as would want to go either way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
An increase inline with inflation is easily justifiable. Anything else isn’t. My big concern is that swathes of supporters are now priced out. Id feel better if the club put aside x number of tickets to be sold for ten quid for each game. This would open up the AMEX to many more.
Your suggestion would be perfectly workable if the club had a fit-for-purpose ticket exchange. STH who are unable to attend any game put their ticket up for grabs for £10, say 3 hours before the game. Have a stand-by queue for those who can attend at that same short notice period. Club matches seller with buyer, charges each a small admin fee. Everybody wins! Or is that too simple?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

So, were there swathes of people for whom £20-£40 a year extra is the final straw (financially)?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Anyone know the rough price bump of going from under 10 to whatever the next age bracket is?

I currently pay £52 I think for our two seats in the north, and have one more year until he's 10. I fear the jump may just finish me off!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Still reasonable when you consider the subsidised transport. If I was someone who did not take advantage of this for whatever reason then this does add up over the course of the season if it is not taken advantage of. Consider the £100 levvy and you walked or cycled to the game!

I don't tend to agree with the view that if we go down it suddenly does not represent good value due to the fact we would then get more games.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
As always I'll turn a blind eye.

Sometimes people ask me how much I pay to have three season tickets and until very recently, when I had to do a bit of household budgeting, I didn't have a bleeding clue.

It's like milk or eggs or petrol. No idea how much these things cost even though I buy them most weeks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst I agree that the club could freeze prices.
In reality why should they?
If the club had just wiped out all their debt, then I can see the argument for the club to give a bit back to the loyal fanbase.
But we haven't and are unlikely to do so for a very long time.

There remains a massive demand for tickets.
They could properly take the piss on prices and get away with it.

Not happy with it ( who likes paying more for anything) - but think it's a justifiable increase.

So could Manchester United, who have frozen ticket prices for six out of the last seven years. They could easily increase prices and sell more tickets to daytrippers and football tourists, but choose not to do so.

Suspect I'm in the minority here but I'd be more willing to pay a higher ST price if the club were relegated. TB should not need to subsidise the Albion in the Premier League due to the broadcast income, but neither should the fanbase be expected to pay more too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not going to miss £1.67 a month

Another angle - I'm saving a fortune on away matches this season with the £30 max ticket costs and big reduction in mileage so if we can stay in the PL its a net gain still for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, were there swathes of people for whom £20-£40 a year extra is the final straw (financially)?

No idea. But the current season ticket prices seem out-of-reach for people on minimum wage. And before someone comes along and says they’d like a helicopter but unfortunately can’t afford one I understand this...but it won’t stop me wanting cheaper tickets at football. Once we’ve got ten quid tickets I’ll lend my support to cheaper helicopters.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Inflation plus probably an increase in travel costs from Southern. Not enough to worry me. The over 65 is interesting when it was over 60 at Withdean and I have enjoyed the benefit ever since. Some other clubs also start at 60. Whether justified or not I do still occupy a full seat!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Compared with TV and advertising revenue gate reciepts are a drop in the ocean if you’re lucky enough to be in the Premire League , so IMO a increase is not warranted just a bit greedy , I suppose most will simply pay up as they genetically have no choice , doesn’t make it ok though .

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So could Manchester United, who have frozen ticket prices for six out of the last seven years. They could easily increase prices and sell more tickets to daytrippers and football tourists, but choose not to do so.

But United generally make a profit don't they?
We still have some way to go until we can start thinking about freezing prices, just because we make enough money from TV revenue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here