Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

• Happy, and will renew

Votes: 132 54.5%
  • Unhappy, but will renew

Votes: 100 41.3%
  • Happy, but will not renew for other reasons

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Unhappy and won't renew

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Will renew whichever league we are in, however for those that say 'it's only 4.5%' I wonder if you would take the same attitude if your Council Tax or Water Rates went up by that amount? After all wages certainly aren't going up by 4.5%.

I know Bloom's put in millions upon millions, but considering the income from TV it does seem quite a high percentage increase IMO.

as I said
regards
DR

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Will renew whichever league we are in, however for those that say 'it's only 4.5%' I wonder if you would take the same attitude if your Council Tax or Water Rates went up by that amount? After all wages certainly aren't going up by 4.5%.

I know Bloom's put in millions upon millions, but considering the income from TV it does seem quite a high percentage increase IMO.
Barbers could be.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
An increase inline with inflation is easily justifiable. Anything else isn’t. My big concern is that swathes of supporters are now priced out. Id feel better if the club put aside x number of tickets to be sold for ten quid for each game. This would open up the AMEX to many more.

I see what you are saying and the idea clearly has merits. But the Amex is already sold out, so where would these fans be accommodated. And how could one guarantee that the fan who pays a tenner is the one who is genuinely priced out? I think probably thousands might claim that, if they could get in for a tenner rather than three times as much, life being as it is.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Half expected something cynical, so £20 isn't going to make season ticket too expensive just yet.

Would have been a nice gesture to see kid's pricing reduced to help balance the increase.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Factor in the greedy basstad bus and train increases and it probably levels out. I was expecting this so no surprises.
Plus you've got too much money anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see what you are saying and the idea clearly has merits. But the Amex is already sold out, so where would these fans be accommodated. And how could one guarantee that the fan who pays a tenner is the one who is genuinely priced out? I think probably thousands might claim that, if they could get in for a tenner rather than three times as much, life being as it is.

There are always single match tickets available as it’s not a complete season ticket sell out. And I don’t think you necessarily need to guarantee they go to those who are genuinely priced out; my idea is more about given them an opportunity. The only thing you need to do is ensure the 10 pound ticket is not sold on at a premium....which is something the club already do.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
your 35% includes all ticket sales (i.e. non season ticket swell) and everything else sold on the day (i presume) - what is season ticket income of our total income last season?

You said it was "not enormous" in the championship so i'll defer to you.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
think we are going round in circles - in any event the increase makes no real difference to club income whichever division we are in BUT as we are staying up, my original point stands!

If half a million quid or a total of £15m of income is "not enormous" either in the Champ or the Premier League then it does !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
An increase inline with inflation is easily justifiable. Anything else isn’t. My big concern is that swathes of supporters are now priced out. Id feel better if the club put aside x number of tickets to be sold for ten quid for each game. This would open up the AMEX to many more.

This is the main issue for me and whilst TV income grows hugely as each year it just all gets diverted straight to the people who need it least in the form of player fees, salaries and agents.

davidflick

Jul 10, 2011
The numbers are out:

Zone / 2018-19 Renewal Price / 2017-18 renewal price / rise

A £515 (£495) +4.0%
B/C £615 (£590) +4.2%
D £730 (£700) +4.3%
E £810 (£775) +4.5%
F £550 (£530) +3.8%

What's your view?
Notice the they didn't mention a increase, just what you get for your money. I will leave my decision as late as possible. I enjoy going, but money is getting tighter.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I thought it rose to this level last year so as far as I am concerned a bonus!

Couple of quid extra a month not much to add is it wonder if in the grand scheme of things it is worth it and can't the club do a loyalty discount you know something like 1% off for every year you have held a season ticket be getting up to 10% off soon! Imagine being old enough and held a season ticket long enough to get a freebee!

Add me to the don't care renewing and will not be giving up my perfect season ticket seat for no one or nothing regardless of what league we are in, box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here