Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garth Crooks

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We have 2 players again in Garth Crooks team of the week (Ryan and Izquierdo).

"Brighton now look odds-on to stay up. However, I hope they don't just become perennial survivors. It's a great place to go and watch a football match. On the odd occasion I do go, I notice their fans are capable of creating a great atmosphere. What I don't understand is why they don't chant Chris Hughton's name during their games more. I really don't get it. If fans don't chant the manager's name every now and then, how do you think he feels?"

Maybe we need to sing "Chris Hughton's Blue and Whiter Army" a little louder next time he's down to make sure he here's us.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Like his bit on Aguero saying it would be an outrage if he didn't get footballer of the year as he's been consistently good over the past few years. Ermmm it's footballer of the year, not footballer of the past 5 years.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We have 2 players again in Garth Crooks team of the week (Ryan and Izquierdo).

"Brighton now look odds-on to stay up. However, I hope they don't just become perennial survivors. It's a great place to go and watch a football match. On the odd occasion I do go, I notice their fans are capable of creating a great atmosphere. What I don't understand is why they don't chant Chris Hughton's name during their games more. I really don't get it. If fans don't chant the manager's name every now and then, how do you think he feels?"

Maybe we need to sing "Chris Hughton's Blue and Whiter Army" a little louder next time he's down to make sure he here's us.

What a ****ing nob. How do we think Hughton feels, urmm probably absolutely fine. He's not a manager who takes the limelight and his name was sung plenty at Stoke Saturday.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The full Garth Crooks Team of the Week piece is via http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43027007

teamoftheweek.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
That may be the case, but he has rarely (if ever) mentioned the fact. Several weeks (in fact whenever there has been an Albion player in his team of the week) he has has shoehorned a comment in about how the team is getting relegated and will run out of steam. Whatever he thinks privately (and whatever kind of character he is), you cannot argue that, up until this week, he has been negative towards the Albion and their chances of surviving in the PL this season...
*Cough*

Crooks in admission of 'getting it wrong' SHOCKER...
de7fabab57eaa30502a94a913feeff3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fair play to him for admitting to getting it wrong, although I suspect the fact that he is one of Chris Hughton's closest friends may have something to do with it.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Outrageous that Izquierdo isn't one of the options you can pick.

Murray, Knockaert, Groß and Ryan all shortlisted

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Crooks is the ULTIMATE bellcheese. My god, can you just imagine working with him ? Exasperating. He consistently talks weapons-grade BOLLOCKS, at length, and yet is patently convinced that he is in fact the smartest man in the building. I honestly don't know how someone hasn't lamped him yet, live on air.

I live in hope. I think Danny Murphy might just snap, one of these days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Crooks is the ULTIMATE bellcheese. My god, can you just imagine working with him ? Exasperating. He consistently talks weapons-grade BOLLOCKS, at length, and yet is patently convinced that he is in fact the smartest man in the building. I honestly don't know how someone hasn't lamped him yet, live on air.

The most tragic thing about him is that he thinks he is a bit of a comedian/joker. He isn't at all. I find him such an unfunny bore.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

I'm surprised the BBC haven't brought in Souness yet. The obvious solution.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...terrupting-thierry-henry-on-air-34181941.html

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
OK, I'll admit, it's becoming a bit of an obsession for me now, but:

'Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy played like two bouncers with strict instructions not to let anyone into the nightclub. Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang crept past these two bruisers for brief a moment only to be discovered and promptly thrown out. What exactly is going on at Arsenal is difficult to fathom. I said at the end of last season that Wenger should have walked then. Now I fear he may be forced to leave. This should not be happening to a man of this stature. And why don’t Brighton fans chant manager Chris Hughton’s name? "Chrissy Houghton’s blue-and-white army" will do.'

First bit – great, love it. Second bit – meh, it's Arsenal. Last bit – that's LITERALLY what the crowd were signing during the game yesterday! :shrug:

Oh and it shows how far the team has come when I'm not even surprised to see one of the players (Dunk, if you can't be arsed to look) in Garth's Team of the Week :albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

'Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy played like two bouncers with strict instructions not to let anyone into the nightclub. Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang crept past these two bruisers for brief a moment only to be discovered and promptly thrown out. What exactly is going on at Arsenal is difficult to fathom. I said at the end of last season that Wenger should have walked then. Now I fear he may be forced to leave. This should not be happening to a man of this stature. And why don’t Brighton fans chant manager Chris Hughton’s name? "Chrissy Houghton’s blue-and-white army" will do.'

First bit – great, love it. Second bit – meh, it's Arsenal. Last bit – that's LITERALLY what the crowd were signing during the game yesterday! :shrug:

Oh and it shows how far the team has come when I'm not even surprised to see one of the players (Dunk, if you can't be arsed to look) in Garth's Team of the Week :albion2:

The last two home games we have been singing the Hughton chant and on both occasions he clapped the northstand,

On another note Greg, don't punish yourself by reading his garbage.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just seen that on the Beeb website. It was sung, and they can’t even spell Hughton. FFS.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here