Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garth Crooks

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Everyone's least favourite pundit wants us to stay up...

"Brighton do not have the greatest goalscoring record in the Premier League, but they will not give tuppence for that statistic. What will concern manager Chris Hughton is that when they do score goals, they win matches.

If ever a goal deserved to win a football match, then it was the one scored by Jose Izquierdo against West Ham. It was an absolute beauty.

Of course, you can't win matches if you don't score goals - but the real trick is not to concede when you do score. Can Brighton survive and stay up from this position? I hope so."

Hurrah for the bug eyed egotist I say. He's mates with Chris so he can't be all bad as I can't see Hughton knocking about with a wanker.

Have we unfairly called "t*at" on Garth? Perhaps we need a poll.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had a lovely chat with him about Ward and Lawrenson.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remmber Gordon Strachan telling a story about GC ws interviewing him on the pitch after a game. He started a question, and Strachan nipped into the stadium, made himself a cup of tea, popped back outside and GC still hadn't finished. :lolol:

Still, he is good value and dosn't talk in tedious cliches. Funnily enough I have just emailed a work collague who, coincidentally, grew up in Leicester and played football (in a church league) with GC as a lad. Apparently he went on and on even then :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice to see he's following the well-established trait of pundits changing their minds and opinions by the game...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Perfect example of a pundit who thinks he is more intelligent and insiteful than he actually is, saying that he is mildly entertaining. Reminds me a bit of Chris Eubank

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, we have always been right, he's a tw@t

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I remmber Gordon Strachan telling a story about GC ws interviewing him on the pitch after a game. He started a question, and Strachan nipped into the stadium, made himself a cup of tea, popped back outside and GC still hadn't finished. :lolol:

Still, he is good value and dosn't talk in tedious cliches. Funnily enough I have just emailed a work collague who, coincidentally, grew up in Leicester and played football (in a church league) with GC as a lad. Apparently he went on and on even then :lolol:

I can't say l that l hold any particular opinion about Mr.Crooks, either good or bad, but l do think his summing up was pretty accurate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Perfect example of a pundit who thinks he is more intelligent and insiteful than he actually is, saying that he is mildly entertaining. Reminds me a bit of Chris Eubank

insightful. :facepalm: sorry, not one to pull up spelling, but in the context, couldn't let that go. :lolol:

i always felt Crooks gets an unfair criticism simply because how he delivers his comment, long winded etc, rather than the comment itself.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nice to see he's following the well-established trait of pundits changing their minds and opinions by the game...

Not at all.

He has always wanted Brighton to stay up. When he is at the games he celebrates Brighton goals as much as any Brighton fan in the ground. He is also a really nice chap

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Everyone's least favourite pundit wants us to stay up...

"Brighton do not have the greatest goalscoring record in the Premier League, but they will not give tuppence for that statistic. What will concern manager Chris Hughton is that when they do score goals, they win matches.

If ever a goal deserved to win a football match, then it was the one scored by Jose Izquierdo against West Ham. It was an absolute beauty.

Of course, you can't win matches if you don't score goals - but the real trick is not to concede when you do score. Can Brighton survive and stay up from this position? I hope so."

Hurrah for the bug eyed egotist I say. He's mates with Chris so he can't be all bad as I can't see Hughton knocking about with a wanker.

Have we unfairly called "t*at" on Garth? Perhaps we need a poll.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

When we score we rarely lose. Only 2 defeats of our 11 have been games we have scored in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not at all.

He has always wanted Brighton to stay up. When he is at the games he celebrates Brighton goals as much as any Brighton fan in the ground. He is also a really nice chap

That may be the case, but he has rarely (if ever) mentioned the fact. Several weeks (in fact whenever there has been an Albion player in his team of the week) he has has shoehorned a comment in about how the team is getting relegated and will run out of steam. Whatever he thinks privately (and whatever kind of character he is), you cannot argue that, up until this week, he has been negative towards the Albion and their chances of surviving in the PL this season...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not at all.

I really don't understand the stick he gets on here.

I like him and don't find anything wrong with his words.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He is typical of the pundits that only really have an eye for the big teams and are disparaging about the rest. He has time for you when you win and none when you don't

Take what he says in the Jack Stephens section:

"The Saints must decide whether they are a feeder club for the top-four sides or are going to try to win something themselves. An FA Cup triumph, perhaps, or even a period in Europe, will provide stability.

They have certainly produced the players over the years to do both. What they are doing - and have done for far too long - is flirting with relegation. When you flirt with relegation, the inevitable always happens."

and then in the Lemina section:

"This lad is playing for the wrong team. Seriously. Mario Lemina is an Arsenal player if ever I have seen one.

Lemina is wasted at St Mary's. Sorry, Southampton fans, but you just do not have the class of player to bring the best out of this lad.

His performance against West Brom was immense. Admittedly, we have not seen enough performances like this - but you would if you put him in a proper outfit."

So you start by saying Saints should aspire to not be a feeder club for the top-four, and then recommend they sell their best player to Arsenal. Nice consistency there Garth

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jermaine Jenas is the only BBC pundit I enjoy listening too ocassionly Sutton as he plays a CJTC very well. Keown and Crooks have to be the two worst.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jermaine Jenas is the only BBC pundit I enjoy listening too ocassionly Sutton as he plays a CJTC very well. Keown and Crooks have to be the two worst.

I quite like Danny Murphy as well.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
"This lad is playing for the wrong team. Seriously. Mario Lemina is an Arsenal player if ever I have seen one.

Lemina is wasted at St Mary's. Sorry, Southampton fans, but you just do not have the class of player to bring the best out of this lad.

His performance against West Brom was immense. Admittedly, we have not seen enough performances like this - but you would if you put him in a proper outfit."

I was drinking with Saints mates last night, and they are FUMING at the above statement from Crooks about their player. It is a bit disrespectful, tbf!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I love Garth. Final score is pure self parody gold, when Danny Mills is on it is nothing short of brilliant. I’d say it was scripted, such is the cutting brilliance of Garth vs. Mills.

I utterly love his trying to be clever wordiness, it’s pure mesmerisation eclipse stuff. He reminds me of Yoda, hmmm yes in a good way it is heh heh heh heee etc.

He also reminds me of me.

And there at last is the punchline.

Awesome.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here