Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton in the 70s

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watching in Zapruda style, I thought I saw a flash of a budding journo's camera on a grassy knoll :wink:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What a wonderful clean looking town Brighton was then! No doubt some will say the graffiti ruined cess pit that is urban Brighton is much better than those days!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Gone are the days when you could pick your shoes out of roadside baskets , you could tell who all the hawkers and scoombers where as they all wore two left footed shoes , happy days indeed .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks for posting. Happy days!

Can't believe how few people were around in the film. And you forget how clean and tidy it was then.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Aaah, the much missed Wishing Well.

In a time before mobile phones, where to meet your hot date or indeed, be stood waiting having been jilted.

ww.JPG

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, everything was much better back then. We even had scurvy and whooping cough. Oh for them good old days.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Southdown bus?Was the bar upstairs in the Wishing Well?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
What a wonderful clean looking town Brighton was then! No doubt some will say the graffiti ruined cess pit that is urban Brighton is much better than those days!

Yeah, but it wasn’t very diverse then was it, it’s much better now that some men can freely dress up as women and others can bum themselves silly down the at mound. Be thankful that now-a-days people can freely get their genitalia out whilst cycling round the town because the trees are sick and others can happily walk around town in the summer in pants that show their arse whilst holding a balloon shaped like an erect penis.

Yes, it’s much better now.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No it wasn’t much better then, it’s just many parts of urban Brighton are a shitwhole now, then they weren’t!!!

I think we look at the past through rose-tinted spectacles. My parents left Brighton in the sixties because it was a dump. People started moving back into the area in the 80s and house prices have risen accordingly as it has become a sought after place to be. Today it's a vibrant city and, just like other towns and cities it has its problems. But really, I think we'd rather be living in today's modern age.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here