Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
with 24,000 + season ticket holders able to have 4 each - I think that there is currently 10,000 unsold seats in the home end suggests the up take hasn't been great. very disappointing for the 2nd home cup match running

Only because a few fair supporters are holding off from purchasing tickets until upper tiers are released for sale.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not even on general sale yet, bit early to judge if we can or cannot fill it.
How much demand is there normally for "General Sale" tickets...? Anecdotally I am aware of some demand for this match from non-STHs but can't think it will be that much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm another "wait-and-see-er" due to personal situation. Hope to make the game but will not be able to decide on buying a ticket or not until the week itself. If it sells out before then tough on me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So, when the inevitable happens and they open ESU, some of the holders-backers who fail to get Row A on half-way will hold out with arms crossed refusing to buy until WSU is opened likewise. So there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Coventry have been allocated 4529 tickets including 49 wheelchair spaces and have limited sales to 2 per person. (Coventry Evening Telegraph)

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
On the website......Due to Coventry City selling out their allocation, this game will not go on General Sale. Anyone purchasing tickets will need a purchase history with us.

Massive opportunity missed if this is the case. Any "New" fans wanting to come now can;t get tickets. Short sighted by the club, they should have given Cov more tickets.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
On the website......Due to Coventry City selling out their allocation, this game will not go on General Sale. Anyone purchasing tickets will need a purchase history with us.

Massive opportunity missed if this is the case. Any "New" fans wanting to come now can;t get tickets. Short sighted by the club, they should have given Cov more tickets.

Any "new" fan just needs to asking an existing fan. Not hard.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes , it's the 5th round of the FA Cup in a very winnable game , we don’t get many opportunities to progress to a cup quarter final , this is one of them , if they are that narrow minded to think saving a few grand by not opening all areas compared to the trade they will lose by people just not bothering because they can’t sit where they want is very short sighted and a bit non league tbh , at least give people the choice before hand , bloody ridiculous.

I'm normally in ESU, but purchased mine in NS as soon as they became available. Another way would be to make all season tickets auto purchase for Cup Games, but I don't think that'd go down too well?

Just an observation really, the club has to be run as a business, like all good business you plan for the anticipated need, we're unlikely to sell out for this one so just open the areas you need to.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Any "new" fan just needs to asking an existing fan. Not hard.

What if the 'new' fans don't know any existing fans, because they're from outside the area - or even the country?

(I know, I know they should be told to **** off and support their local teams. Maybe that's he reason we're doing it, to stop the Albion from stealing other clubs' fans).

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
What if the 'new' fans don't know any existing fans, because they're from outside the area - or even the country?

(I know, I know they should be told to **** off and support their local teams. Maybe that's he reason we're doing it, to stop the Albion from stealing other clubs' fans).

New fans won't sing and will leave early and buy half and half scarves and drink lager........

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

As with league games, they're pretty f**ked. But at least those pesky Coventry fans won't get in the wrong stand.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Win just 4 more games and next season we will be planning trips abroad ! As Lydon would say , Open Up .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here