Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I actually believe that more have been sold due to the delay with ESU.

After the initial 'bang', the natural slowing up of demand was reignited by the excitement and thrill of the ESU.

All good fun.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No-one is being prevented from going to the game.

You're part of a group who have found out today they can go to the game. The group includes your two elderly parents with mobility issues and can not access upper tiers. How do you go to the game?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You're part of a group who have found out today they can go to the game. The group includes your two elderly parents with mobility issues and can not access upper tiers. How do you go to the game?

That particular demand for ticket would be quite rare, and an exception rather than the general rule Shirley.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tongue was firmly in cheek.

Agree, IMO if the whole ground had been opened up from the beginning, at the prices they are charging, at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, against a club who will bring 4,500 supporters, it would have been close to a sell out by now.

I disagree. There would have been a few hundred empty seats at the edges of every stand, with lots of empty single seats dotted around. No more that a few hundred extra seats sold

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That particular demand for ticket would be quite rare, and an exception rather than the general rule Shirley.

I accept that. But the point is that it was clear for some days that extra capacity was going to be required. Instead of opening the ESU earlier though, the club kept it closed until the lower tier was all but sold out.

So there will be a fair few folk in lower tiers who really wanted to be in upper tiers, as well as vice versa.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

This looks remarkably like the kind of brief you get in an office away-day when you have to negotiate, collaborate and compromise to achieve a target.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

A niche point and hardly one that would swell the gate, but there are 70 tickets still left in the disable seating area in the East upper, I'm assuming these are wheelchair accessible ( I stand to be corrected) if they are I'd buy them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1077 left.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 13.55.24.png

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
200 sold is ESU since 9.15am today (5hours). if trend continues then should sell out probably Wednesday. looks like decent weather on Saturday so no reason at all not to open up west upper now.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The thing that annoys me is I know quite a few people who want to go now, but want to go in the North Stand but obviously that is totally sold out now.
If they had just opened up the other stands there would've been spare seats available.
The fact that they have annoyed fans surely means they got it wrong?
I suppose it just highlights that Barber is an employee (and a relative recent one at that) and not a fan, as I think most longstanding fans would've predicted a decent turn out for this game as it means we have a chance to get into the quarter final of the cup, which is still a big thing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The thing that annoys me is I know quite a few people who want to go now, but want to go in the North Stand but obviously that is totally sold out now.
If they had just opened up the other stands there would've been spare seats available.
I suppose it just highlights that Barber is an employee (and a relative recent one at that) and not a fan, as I think most longstanding fans would've predicted a decent turn out for this game as it means we have a chance to get into the quarter final of the cup, which is still a big thing.

oh come on, it's a business not a village fete or social club. Some fans are annoyed, but many more are happy.
show me a CEO who's not an employee

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
oh come on, it's a business not a village fete or social club. Some fans are annoyed, but many more are happy.
show me a CEO who's not an employee

TBH it doesn't really bother me, its just a bit annoying and of course I get that Barber is an employee, but it has highlighted imo that maybe just maybe he doesn't always get everything right!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Perhaps they should have got tickets last week when there was loads of room in the North? You can’t blame the club if people leave it to the last minute then can’t get their preferred spot.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Perhaps they should have got tickets last week when there was loads of room in the North? You can’t blame the club if people leave it to the last minute then can’t get their preferred spot.

Yep of course you are factually correct but you know life isn't always perfect and they were waiting to see if their kids were playing football, but the game has been rearranged for another date. Its a small thing but just an example of why they couldn't commit last week

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep of course you are factually correct but you know life isn't always perfect and they were waiting to see if their kids were playing football, but the game has been rearranged for another date. Its a small thing but just an example of why they couldn't commit last week

What would they have done if the whole ground was open but almost sold out ?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
What would they have done if the whole ground was open but almost sold out ?

I don't know, as I say its just a small annoyance, but we were talking after kids football and it came up in conversation.
I think a few of them have bought tickets in ESU

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I accept that. But the point is that it was clear for some days that extra capacity was going to be required. Instead of opening the ESU earlier though, the club kept it closed until the lower tier was all but sold out.

So there will be a fair few folk in lower tiers who really wanted to be in upper tiers, as well as vice versa.

The ticket purchasing equivalent of 'kettling'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here