Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Most recently was Athletico Madrid.

When they relented and opened the East Upper, they did first with the center two blocks. Within hours, more of the stand was opened, and all of it within a day or two.

They then opened the West Upper in a similar vein. The West Upper sold out too.

The late demand was this game was huge. With a decent weather forecast this could easily sell out - you just won't be able to buy a seat on the lower tier.

So, have the club factored this history in are are they still pointing at the exceptional Palace cup game to justify their stupidity? Oh, it's the latter...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So to summarise it is all down to those who could not be bothered with the 3rd round game where all the stadium was open but only 15000 sold?

Or the MK Dons game , or Athletico Madrid, or Hull City in the league cup or any other game in the last 6 or 7 years where because demand is hard to predict they've done exactly the same.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So to summarise it is all down to those who could not be bothered with the 3rd round game where all the stadium was open but only 15000 sold?

Which is a very poor game (Palace cup) to forecast this game on IMHO... (I'm a statistician BTW)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It will really annoy some on this thread as it kind of highlights how stupid they’re being!

It kind of highlights how stupid the club are being...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Or the MK Dons game , or Athletico Madrid, or Hull City in the league cup or any other game in the last 6 or 7 years where because demand is hard to predict they've done exactly the same.

No, their response points to the Palace cup game as being the model for their stupid decision...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Which is a very poor game (Palace cup) to forecast this game on IMHO... (I'm a statistician BTW)...

True. I was just reading between the lines of what the club may have been trying to say.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If an upper tier does open subsequently we'll have:

- Fans annoyed that they bought tickets for a part of the ground they didn't really want - they'll not make the same mistake next time - exacerbating what has happened for this game

This :angry:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If the decision is purely economic, I guess so. However, we have...
- Fans annoyed that they bought tickets for a part of the ground they didn't really want - they'll not make the same mistake next time - exacerbating what has happened for this game
- Fans who want lower tier tickets closer to the game (with mobility problems, for example) unable to buy them as they've all sold, farcically some to people who didn't really want them

That'll be me then. Bought my CP seat on day one only to be on my own with no-one within 10 seats of me. This time I've had to buy in Lower East but much prefer a higher view. I will be annoyed if I, as a loyal fan, have to sit in a seat I don't want because the club told me I had to.
Just to spite the club I may buy seats in the upper as well when they sell them.

EDIT If I buy two seats will I have to use my travel twice. Go to the ground, go home and then return.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That'll be me then. Bought my CP seat on day one only to be on my own with no-one within 10 seats of me. This time I've had to buy in Lower East but much prefer a higher view. I will be annoyed if I, as a loyal fan, have to sit in a seat I don't want because the club told me I had to.
Just to spite the club I may buy seats in the upper as well when they sell them.

That will please Barber, not annoy him! :)

el punal

Wrong on so many levels... key point is paying customer's want to sit in the upper tiers, and a moronic decision has been taken by the club to refuse to open the upper tiers... sales WILL go up if they open these tiers... ergo, you are spouting bollox, and Barber has dropped a HUGE clanger...

Ergo, perhaps you're spouting bollocks, to quote your arrogant response. My post was an assumption that maybe the club were gauging the demand for tickets before deciding to open the upper tiers. Now whether that assumption is correct or not only time tell. From the tone of your comments you obviously have a massive axe to grind concerning this fixture, so why don't you contact the club and try to talk to Paul Barber or one of his associates for the club's point of view. Perhaps, also, you might like to point out to them that, in your opinion, the ticketing strategy has been a moronic decision and the Chief Executive has dropped a HUGE clanger.

If the club do take note of your concerns and reply, why not post them on here and we'll all be the wiser eh?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If the decision is purely economic, I guess so. However, we have...

- Parents not wanting to buy the tickets remaining (close to away fans and possible questionable behaviour - you may not agree but it IS a genuine concern for some parents)
- Other fans not wanting lower tier corners because they don't like the view of the game such a position affords
- Still others just not wanting to sit in a lower tier anywhere - it's not how they like to watch football
- Those wanting to sit in an upper tier as part of their Amex "different stand" collecting

Any of these people may have already decided to not attend this game and/or made plans that can not easily be changed if upper tier seats to become available.

If an upper tier does open subsequently we'll have:

- Fans who want lower tier tickets closer to the game (with mobility problems, for example) unable to buy them as they've all sold, farcically some to people who didn't really want them

I'd add to that slightly by saying there is also a type of "fan" who believes you can never get a ticket to a home game, always sold out. They are lazy by nature and only moan once it's sold out. One such guy works in my office. I asked him at lunchtime if he is going to this game as it's cheap and his reply was he looked yesterday and it was sold out other than "shit" seats so he wasn't going to bother. He wasn't even aware that the upper tiers aren't open yet, so he just looked and gave up. He doesn't come on here so why would he? His plan was to take his three kids as it is cheap and there might be some goals. He can't actually now buy 4 seats together. I know him and that is that, they will have other plans next weekend now so even if and when the upper tier is open he won't be going so that's four seats lost for definite. This decision is complete nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here