Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Totally get that. But if they won't open until lower sold out then you need another 1000 punters to help you out

If that is the case then that really is ridiculous, I really hope not. Surely someone at the club keeps tabs on NSC?!?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So, you agree, it is a sh1t decision?
Funnily enough yes but I can see why they have done it. Clubs think less of fa cup than fans do. But my real thing is about so many people wanting their own seat, it's not just that they want the upper view, more they want their seat. Strange.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The club made decision that there would be little interest in this fixture. Hence decided not to open upper tiers and apart from one email very little marketing. In contrast supporters who sit in upper tiers were of opinion as this was last 16 of cup it was a big game and demand would be greater then lower tiers. Therefore they including myself decided to wait. Whatever Paul Barbers qualities his weakness is, he is never wrong and sure because of this there is a chance upper will only open at very last resort. A case of club bigger then supporters. If it cost them a few thousand in staff cost so what

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Perhaps if the title was updated to reflect the number of tickets left it would scare people into buying what few are remaining of what is currently on sale. Then they can open the WSU and I can buy my ticket.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
From the club's pov, there are a still a thousand tickets to sell in the lower tiers. They are not going to risk the expense of opening the upper tiers until most of these are gone. I, too, find it a little odd that people are so concerned about not being able to sit in their usual seat. I actually like trying out other parts of the ground.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Perhaps if the title was updated to reflect the number of tickets left it would scare people into buying what few are remaining of what is currently on sale. Then they can open the WSU and I can buy my ticket.

As it's a cup match it's not 'Your ticket' or your seat. Why not just buy one if you want to go?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What is the capacity of the lower tiers out of interest?? I defended the low attendance for palace because of the various reasons for non attendance, but only selling whatever the lower tier capacity is for the 5th round in what feels like a 'proper' cup tie with a great chance of winning would be pretty disappointing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is the capacity of the lower tiers out of interest?? I defended the low attendance for palace because of the various reasons for non attendance, but only selling whatever the lower tier capacity is for the 5th round in what feels like a 'proper' cup tie with a great chance of winning would be pretty disappointing.

Around 22,500 isn’t it ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I, too, find it a little odd that people are so concerned about not being able to sit in their usual seat. I actually like trying out other parts of the ground.

You’ve said this a few times but plenty do want to try out a different seat. One that is in the upper tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Around 22,500 isn’t it ?

According to [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION] (I think it was) the WSU + ESU = c7,300. The shelf hasn't been put on sale yet either - I'm guesstimating at 200 there, and there's c500 being used for segregation.

So, given those numbers, the sell-out of the lower tier + 1901 West would be about 22,500.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thats higher than i thought. Not too bad, although hopefully at least one upper will open up and add at least another 4/5k!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty much just single seats available now along with the 2 half blocks by the segregation - which is where all the Coventry fans with mates who can get them tickets in the home end will want to sit.

Jimmy Grimble

Few more here waiting for East Upper as have not been up there in a while and fancy a change from ST seat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder how many people will look at the current ticket availability and not fancy sitting in a corner (given it's only odd single seats everywhere else) think "oh, that's a shame I fancied going to that", will make other plans and be completely unaware that an upper tier subsequently opened.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder how many people will look at the current ticket availability and not fancy sitting in a corner (given it's only odd single seats everywhere else) think "oh, that's a shame I fancied going to that", will make other plans and be completely unaware that an upper tier subsequently opened.

Especially as it's now pretty much single seats left too. Utterly ridiculous from the club!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure the mexican standoff will be over later today and an upper tier will finally open.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here