Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
How many does WU hold? That's a lot of sales on top of the remaining 4k+.

Who will blink first?

ImportantPeacefulDove-max-1mb.gif

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just out of interest, has anyone (other than PB) made a list of 'fans since the Goldstone days' who, for reasons of work/health/holidays/other could only make the big 6 games this season and the LP system was unfair as they wanted to go to Old Trafford. What are their reasons for not making this game?
I have 'the best seat in the house' in Upper East but have bought a ticket for lower so I don't miss out. Will I be annoyed if a 'sunny day' fan sits in my seat because the weather was good, you bet :rant::rant::rant:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am waiting to see if East Upper opens. Doesnt make sense. Opened all ground for Palace when negativity round fixture and on a Monday in term time. Now in last 16 on a Saturday wont let sit in usual seat. All they can be trying to achieve is saving a few bob on staff costs. Maybe if club were more positive towards fixture more supporters would be as well

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am waiting to see if East Upper opens. Doesnt make sense. Opened all ground for Palace when negativity round fixture and on a Monday in term time. Now in last 16 on a Saturday wont let sit in usual seat. All they can be trying to achieve is saving a few bob on staff costs. Maybe if club were more positive towards fixture more supporters would be as well

So, in your opinion, will some not go to a football match simply because they can't have the seat they want?

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
general sale from tomorrow isn't it? Pretty confident all of ground will be open. Slow off the mark as usual, me and my mob are perfectly happy to experience a different part of the ground as a one off.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Would have liked our seats in East upper but bagged a couple decent seats in West lower in the centre so happy with that. Makes a change.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If too many wait, they won't get a chance. Tricky conundrum for them.

I think a number of people will wait for at least another 2-3 days just to gauge the offtake from general sales. There are clearly quite a few who would prefer upper tier and so they are holding off buying at present. 5000 more to shift in the lower tiers won't happen for a few days yet. I guess if all the lower is sold, they will open one upper tier at a time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I'm waiting , perhaps in vain, to buy about 6 tickets in one of the upper tiers.

PS: will go regardless but would prefer to sit there.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Albion's efforts to suppress demand for this have now extended to the ticketing site not working. Seems to have been down for an hour or so and counting.

Sit through Queue It to then be told "An error has occurred, please try again later..."

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Albion's efforts to suppress demand for this have now extended to the ticketing site not working. Seems to have been down for an hour or so and counting.

Sit through Queue It to then be told "An error has occurred, please try again later..."
Going to be very interesting how this unfolds. Are they really going to leave it as lower bowl only and watch the tickets sell in dribs and drabs up to the matchday as people slowly cut their losses and reluctantly take up the worst seats...? Or will they open an upper tier now and make a big announcement about the strong demand and excitement around the town supporting Chris Hughton's boys as they strive to progress to the QF for the first time since 1986...?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Rest assured that the club is ensuring there's zero ticket promotion/advertisement on the front page of the club website.

In fact, not sure it's been featured on the home page since Wednesday tea-time, when if was promptly replaced by loads of Soton coverage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club may well not want to generate too much Cup Fever around the place until after the Stoke game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ticketing site is working again. 3,150 left in the lower tier...

E1A 464
E1B 283
E1C 12
E1D 2
E1E 3
E1F 32
E1G 369
E2A 6
N1A 250
N1B 124
N1C 202
N1D 288