Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going to be very interesting how this unfolds. Are they really going to leave it as lower bowl only and watch the tickets sell in dribs and drabs up to the matchday as people slowly cut their losses and reluctantly take up the worst seats...? Or will they open an upper tier now and make a big announcement about the strong demand and excitement around the town supporting Chris Hughton's boys as they strive to progress to the QF for the first time since 1986...?
........or are the club actually rather hoping that the inconvenience of the FA Cup will quietly go away when we lose in front of a half empty stadium?

"Concentrate on the Premier League".

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The ticketing site is working again. 3,150 left in the lower tier...

E1A 464
E1B 283
E1C 12
E1D 2
E1E 3
E1F 32
E1G 369
E2A 6
N1A 250
N1B 124
N1C 202
N1D 288
N1E 112
N1F 128
N1G 331
N1H 376
N1I 64
W1B 104
W1C 0
W1D 0
W1F 0
W1G 0

Ok....so quite a few already gone today. Every indication they will eventually have to open at least one upper tier.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
........or are the club actually rather hoping that the inconvenience of the FA Cup will quietly go away when we lose in front of a half empty stadium?

"Concentrate on the Premier League".

I firmly believe CH will give the FAC his best possible shot. He will want players to be in action over the 6th round weekend ( 16th - 19th March ) If we don't get past Coventry, there will be no fixture between March 10th ( Everton A ) and March 31st ( Leics H ). He will not want this level of inactivity at a key point of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I firmly believe CH will give the FAC his best possible shot. He will want players to be in action over the 6th round weekend ( 16th - 19th March ) If we don't get past Coventry, there will be no fixture between March 10th ( Everton A ) and March 31st ( Leics H ). He will not want this level of inactivity at a key point of the season.

Agree - there have been a couple of times I can recall when TB has been speaking that he has mentioned things like 'I'd like a decent FA cup run' or words to that effect - think he'd be quite keen for CH to give it a proper go. Our 'bench' players (including all those on the bench on Saturday, which looked so strong, plus Uwe, Marcus, Tomer and Connor at least, maybe Locardia and a few first team starters) should be plenty good enough to get us through. They won't want to face a front line of maybe Ulloa and Locardia/Sam (sure CH will revert to his favourite 442 as well).

Ok....so quite a few already gone today. Every indication they will eventually have to open at least one upper tier.

Let’s hope so. Remember, there are 2 blocks on the lower tiers not yet been offered for sale. We would have to lose a few seats from each for segregation but this could still add over 1000 to the current totals to be sold.

Personally I hope they give E1H to Coventry which would mean less for us to sell in the lower tiers.

I also hope the upper tiers are released well before it’s close to selling out downstairs as it would be a shame to lose potnetial fans who need a lower tier seat, even if they are daft enough to leave it until late on to purchase

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Curiously no allocation of sale dates detailed on Coventry’s site yet. I wonder if giving them the ESU is under consideration.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Curiously no allocation of sale dates detailed on Coventry’s site yet. I wonder if giving them the ESU is under consideration.
Or WSU... a la Chelsea

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The ticketing site is working again. 3,150 left in the lower tier...

E1A 464
E1B 283
E1C 12
E1D 2
E1E 3
E1F 32
E1G 369
E2A 6
N1A 250
N1B 124
N1C 202
N1D 288
N1E 112
N1F 128
N1G 331
N1H 376
N1I 64
W1B 104
W1C 0
W1D 0
W1F 0
W1G 0

You’ve missed W1H 8 and W1I 230

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Something is going on as otherwise Coventry would have at least given out ticket details.

I reckon they will open WSU to albion, and give Coventry South Stand + ESU.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Something is going on as otherwise Coventry would have at least given out ticket details.

I reckon they will open WSU to albion, and give Coventry South Stand + ESU.

My guess also.

Reckon the Albion want/wanted to get a feel for home ticket demand prior to making a decision.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just noticed that myself.

217 sold in the last hour and a half. 3171 remaining.

3159 now. Seems they are selling well most availability in the north stand. Those holding out for an upper tier release may be in luck.

Nice to see Arsenal and Leicester tickets on sale the same day as Everton away tomorrow. Hope the website is ready for that bunfight.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
3159 now. Seems they are selling well most availability in the north stand.

Wonder why most availability is in the North Stand. The NS was almost full against Palace, and a fair number of WSU STH's are choosing to relocate to the North for this one. Where are all the NS regulars going for this game?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Wonder why most availability is in the North Stand. The NS was almost full against Palace, and a fair number of WSU STH's are choosing to relocate to the North for this one. Where are all the NS regulars going for this game?

Good question, after all the NS fans could actually get their own seat if they were quick off the mark. E & W lower nearly sold out now.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
My guess also.

Reckon the Albion want/wanted to get a feel for home ticket demand prior to making a decision.

My impression is home demand is fairly strong for this tie. 3100 left on sale at the moment, plus the option of opening up W1A and E1H means something approaching 4000-4500 left in the lower tier. WSU + N2A and N2B gives another 4500. Probably enough to satiate demand, but if not and ESU is given over to Coventry then there are going to be some very cross people indeed on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here