Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think the club were surprised by the poor turnout for the Palace game as was I.We bang on about what a big rivalry we have with Palace yet when we draw them I the cup we cannot even half fill the ground.Yes it was a Monday night yes It was on TV but it’s Palace the team we despise the team that we have a rivalry with that nobody else understands.So if we can’t can’t half fill our stadium for a game against Palace why should the club think we will fill it against a team from league 2.Lets be honest if this was a 3rd round tie we would be lucky to get 15000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pisss off... it was a shit night game... shite travel midweek as always, on tv.. close to previous game... trouble... no brainer, always a low turnout for those with a football brain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Pisss off... it was a shit night game... shite travel midweek as always, on tv.. close to previous game... trouble... no brainer, always a low turnout for those with a football brain.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Those with a football brain chose not to support their team against their bitter rivals.
What is a football brain by the way?

If it was against Man Utd or Chelsea or any other top team would there have been such a poor turnout I think not.I get the irony that in any other season this would have been a really big game but this season was seen as a bit of a hindrance.
What evidence was out there to suggest that a game against a league 2 team should warrant opening the whole stadium.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
As far as I can tell no one really cares about sitting in their own seats, that's not the crux of the complaints. I don't know if anyone has complained about that, so I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up. People just wanted to sit in a part of the ground of their choosing, namely the upper tiers.

Many complained about wanting 'own seat'

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Those with a football brain chose not to support their team against their bitter rivals.

If it was against Man Utd or Chelsea or any other top team would there have been such a poor turnout I think not.I get the irony that in any other season this would have been a really big game but this season was seen as a bit of a hindrance.
What evidence was out there to suggest that a game against a league 2 team should warrant opening the whole stadium.

Last 16 of the FA Cup should have been enough evidence, but I guess those days have gone...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think the club were surprised by the poor turnout for the Palace game as was I.We bang on about what a big rivalry we have with Palace yet when we draw them I the cup we cannot even half fill the ground.Yes it was a Monday night yes It was on TV but it’s Palace the team we despise the team that we have a rivalry with that nobody else understands.So if we can’t can’t half fill our stadium for a game against Palace why should the club think we will fill it against a team from league 2.Lets be honest if this was a 3rd round tie we would be lucky to get 15000.

Didn't we get nearly 20,000 ( in the smaller Amex ) against ex-league Wrexham for a Saturday 3pm FA Cup round 3 match ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

7.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes., and 11000 v MK Dons on a Saturday 3pm , FA cup 3rd round match last season.
The Wrexham crowd is generally and conveniently forgotten though it seems - and the Amex had a smaller away capacity then, and we had less season ticket holders to market to as well.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably have to open another WSU block now as just 150 left in the WSU plus a few scattered here and there in the East , with the added incentive of half and half tatt it could be brimming by 3pm

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's your estimate of the expected attendance today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here