Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Obviously I know that you bellend. But it's hardly looks like a proper pitch does it? Just a green slab that doesn't extend the length of the area. Which is why I said 'not entirely clear'. If you're not used to using the ticket site, you could see how some people might mistakenly think, particularly when ordering tickets in the WSU, the tickets at the back are actually at the front, because prior to clicking on the WSU, the front seats are at the top, and then when you click on it, they are at the bottom. That could easily be remedied by labelling the green area 'PITCH'. What's wrong with making things as easy as possible for people? I know the club don't like to do that, particularly when it comes to ticketing matters. I've drawn you a diagram to help you understand.

View attachment 94143

Apart from the BELLEND bit, I agree 100%. It could be clearer, for sure.

150 mins after WSU tickets were placed on sale they are still moving at a steady pace, as are those still left in the ESU.

At the current rate maybe we will see another half block either side of D and F open up later today or tomorrow.

ESU: 554 + 32 WC spots plus 99 possibly still to be released
WSU: 722 + about 3200 that could still be released

All other areas are sold out apart from a few singles in the family area and front row WC spots.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Agree to disagree? First world problems. A friend has just lost her life, I find the squabbling and petty moans about which seats are available in the Amex a little inconsequential.

I am sorry for your loss and of course everything seems trivial at such testing times. I would just caveat this is a football site and this is a football matter so although really trivial in the greater scheme of things as supporters we will debate/moan about them. Again I am not comparing to 'real life' problems

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am sorry for your loss and of course everything seems trivial at such testing times. I would just caveat this is a football site and this is a football matter so although really trivial in the greater scheme of things as supporters we will debate/moan about them. Again I am not comparing to 'real life' problems

Cheers, and yes I agree with you. Everyone has a right to an opinion and I would also agree that the club messed up a fair bit with the Palace match but also a little perhaps with this one. Some posters have expressed their disappointment with the arrangements well, but others express their feelings with a far more infantile response and it's the latter ones that I tend to think 'it's not the end of the world' to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree to disagree? First world problems. A friend has just lost her life, I find the squabbling and petty moans about which seats are available in the Amex a little inconsequential.

Sorry to hear this matey x

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not exactly flying off the shelves are they?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not exactly flying off the shelves are they?
Given the original stance, I am amazed they decided to open WSU based on an estimation of likely demand from now on in.

I sincerely hope they are rewarded by acceptable ticket sales for taking this newly positive approach . Looks like around 100 an hour were selling earlier today.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The Palace match would have been better if they'd shut the upper stands, and - assuming a similar take up in tickets - that's what they did for this match.

When things worked out differently (I'm surprised, but pleased, at the demand) they club adjusted their plan. And all, 115 pages of argument excepted, seems fine.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Given the original stance, I am amazed they decided to open WSU based on an estimation of likely demand from now on in.

I sincerely hope they are rewarded by acceptable ticket sales for taking this newly positive approach . Looks like around 100 an hour were selling earlier today.

If they sold around 100 an hour over the next four days, for 8 hours a day, that's still a substantial number of extra bums on seats at 3200.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The Palace match would have been better if they'd shut the upper stands, and - assuming a similar take up in tickets - that's what they did for this match.

When things worked out differently (I'm surprised, but pleased, at the demand) they club adjusted their plan. And all, 115 pages of argument excepted, seems fine.

I am not surprised . The price is right, and its a winnable game. Many people ,including myself could not stand a rerun of the Palace episode.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club have definitely ****ed up on this one... would like to see an apology... I won't...

No it doesn't... if they'd opened the ESU earlier, we would have got more ticket sales... ergo, the club ****ed up...

Would be nice... at least they have BELATEDLY come to their senses...

IF a business fails to meet the needs of their customers, they WILL suffer... sorry, it's a club **** up...

So very wrong... the Palace cup tie is simply NOT a good model for this one... they ****ed up... an apology is due... it won't happen...

There are a LOT of families who were scarred off by the potential agro... that is just ONE of the reasons the club have FAILED to predict the Cov attendance properly...

... blame THE CLUB, NOT THE FANS...
So just to clarify B.W.

You have posted a couple of times since yesterday, but I am getting mixed messages.

Can you please confirm who you think is to blame?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So just to clarify B.W.

You have posted a couple of times since yesterday, but I am getting mixed messages.

Can you please confirm who you think is to blame?

I think he's trying to day it's the fans' fault, right?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here