Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
you know when you drop your phone and you lunge forward and just about catch it between your little finger and next littlest finger and somewhow you manage to not drop it?

thats what nearly happened here, this thread almost left page one ...

..........but I saved it

PHEW

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Actually that's exactly what it is. Where does it say on your season ticket conditions that you will have the opportunity to sit in the same seat for cup games? Our ST give us access to the seat for league games only. This "its my seat and i will only sit there and woe betide the club if i cant " attitude baffles me. As has been said loads of times on this thread, the club specifically said they would open the lower tiers first, and then if warranted they would open further areas as necessary. This is exactly what the club have done. This thread hasn't "forced" the club to open anything, its not a "victory" , its just exactly what the club said it would do when the ticketing details were first announced. It has , however, been bloody good reading and given lots of us a lot of amusement seeing how wound up some people have been getting over basically nothing

But it’s not about sitting in “my seat”. I don’t give a shit about that.

Enabling STHs to buy 3 more tickets was a cracking decision from the club and when that happens STH can’t claim their own seat.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So how much of WSU has not been opened?
More importantly when can I start complaining about the special pie?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, to save me reading the whole thread, how many tickets have we sold?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yep, I asked this but no-one appeared able to answer, as they were too busy complaining about someone being in their seat :lolol:
The best bit is......its NOT their seat is it! For cup games it's anyone's seat and only if the club decide to offer season ticket holder the seat they normally seat in then for that game they may purchase the right to sit in that seat......or something like that.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
IF we won tomorrow and IF we then got another home draw, would we have to do this all over again?

I'm not playing if my seat isn't reserved for 4 weeks prior.

No, I'm sure they learned from this and the opposition/occasion would certainly be even bigger so full ground opening from the off

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said, but the only people entitled to sit in "my own seat" are the people who purchased a private seat license for 1st team home games subject to the terms and conditions.

Most people have purchased a season ticket to sit in a seat of their choice available at the time of choosing,for home league matches only, with the option to renew for the following season for league matches. Unless I am mistaken, they are not entitled to sit in the same seat for non league matches.

Surely season ticket holders do not own "my own seat" unless they hold a private seat license?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tumblr_inline_mju35lt8hP1qz4rgp.gif

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said, but the only people entitled to sit in "my own seat" are the people who purchased a private seat license for 1st team home games subject to the terms and conditions.

Most people have purchased a season ticket to sit in a seat of their choice available at the time of choosing,for home league matches only, with the option to renew for the following season for league matches. Unless I am mistaken, they are not entitled to sit in the same seat for non league matches.

Surely season ticket holders do not own "my own seat" unless they hold a private seat license?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
As far as I can tell no one really cares about sitting in their own seats, that's not the crux of the complaints. I don't know if anyone has complained about that, so I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up. People just wanted to sit in a part of the ground of their choosing, namely the upper tiers.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I have a PSL was never offered the first opportunity to sit in my seat. Right Mr Barber that’s it’s. I’m going to tear/chew/cut my ST card in half! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think the club were surprised by the poor turnout for the Palace game as was I.We bang on about what a big rivalry we have with Palace yet when we draw them I the cup we cannot even half fill the ground.Yes it was a Monday night yes It was on TV but it’s Palace the team we despise the team that we have a rivalry with that nobody else understands.So if we can’t can’t half fill our stadium for a game against Palace why should the club think we will fill it against a team from league 2.Lets be honest if this was a 3rd round tie we would be lucky to get 15000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here