Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A mate of mine just texted me saying he rang the ticket office this morning to ask about upper tiers opening as he was waiting to buy and they said they have had lots of people ringing and asking about this but were waiting to sell the lower tiers first, they also said that they were well aware of this thread. He said well the fact you'd had lots of people phoning & you're aware of this thread should tell you everything you need to know - they said computer says no :ffsparr:
Barber says "no" more like. RIDICULOUS.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As a fan (customer, client, whatever) I would rather have the lower tiers completely packed and the uppers empty, than a lot of empty seats in both. 22k packed into the lower tiers should generate a decent atmosphere with a big away contingent.
The lower tiers are already essentially sold out apart from segregation areas next to the away fans.

It will obviously be much better to have the lower down section of ESU populated than the whole thing empty.

As a fan (customer, client, whatever) I would rather have the lower tiers completely packed and the uppers empty, than a lot of empty seats in both. 22k packed into the lower tiers should generate a decent atmosphere with a big away contingent.

Both will happen. The remaining 500 odd seats in the lower will sell regardless. As we as being awful PR and riling us fans/customers/clients, the net result is next week someone who wants/needs the lower tier won't have a choice either.

This whole policy makes about as much sense as our ancestors policy of determining if someone was a witch!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Will they sell 3,000? Still have 600 not sold.

Ok, this is my situation. Three of us want to go, and we want to sit together. We're not STHs but we all have purchase histories and I'm a Bronze member. Frankly I'd sit anywhere, but the other two (especially my wife) would prefer decent seats, i.e not stuck in a corner. They don't go to a lot of games (my wife's last game was the home one against WBA) and it is more of an event for them. Yeah, yeah I know: bad part-time fans etc, but not everyone's an STH uberfan who goes home and away.

Not being die-hard fans they're not fussed about going: it'll be nice but it won't be the end of the world if we don't go. Consequently we're waiting for the top tiers to open. If they don't we won't go. (Well I might but family dynamics/politics mean that me going to football on my own when we could have gone as a family costs me more than just the financial price of a ticket). And no we couldn't have sorted it out any earlier because they didn't know their work rotas.

As I say that's just me, and I certainly don't expect the club to revolve around my situation - but I doubt I'm alone.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This is going to end up with hundreds of fans locked outside the Amex. They will end up in the upper tiers and Barber and his staff will be wandering amonst the fans asking for donations into buckets. Chesea youth game all over again.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Interesting to note that a good proportion of the tickets sold so far in E1H/W1A are on the away fan's side. That would suggest Coventry fans and/or the sort of people who usually position themselves on the edges in the south so they can spend 90 minutes abusing away fans regardless of whether or not they appear to care. I don't fancy that with the kids.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
3 of us waiting to buy tickets. Not going to watch from lower tier end of block. No Thank you. Just not how I want to view game. Pays your money, takes your choice.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
the club have already achieved their objective pretty much 'sold out' in the lowers (it will look absolutely rammed as it stands) - so open an upper now for god sake, the longer they leave it the more idiotic they will appear

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Interesting to note that a good proportion of the tickets sold so far in E1H/W1A are on the away fan's side. That would suggest Coventry fans and/or the sort of people who usually position themselves on the edges in the south so they can spend 90 minutes abusing away fans regardless of whether or not they appear to care. I don't fancy that with the kids.

Well, as we're all JCL plastics who really don't support Brighton I'd imagine those are the % of our fanbase who are REALLY Coventry fans.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
the club have already achieved their objective pretty much 'sold out' in the lowers (it will look absolutely rammed as it stands) - so open an upper now for god sake, the longer they leave it the more idiotic they will appear
Quite. They are apparently "aware" of this thread.

Hopefully they are reading it and taking notice.

Dear Mr Barber. Open the ESU today. Send out a positive e-mail and Press Release. You will sell at least a thousand tickets in there within a few days to cover your costs and make lots of people happy. If those at least 1,000 sit in the lower ESU seats it will also give the impression of a fuller ground on TV (good for sponsors) and add to the atmosphere. Best regards, MG

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I see nobody has actually used the ask the club function about this , i would be interested what they say , Why don't i do it ? well if you look at the Forum it will become obvious i ask too many tetchy questions already , so give it go see what the man himself has to say about it .

el punal

There's seems to be an awful lot of hand wringing on this thread about whether the club should or shouldn't open the upper tiers. For starters it makes sense for the club to sell out the lower tiers first. If they're expecting a much reduced crowd than normal why open the West and East Upper for what could end up as a "spot the fan competition" , added to that is the cost of staffing with all the necessary personnel.

There is still over a week to go before the game, so there's plenty of time for the club to re-assess the situation dependant on demand for tickets, so unlike like some posters on here, I'm sure the club are in a better position to judge what are the best options.

My opinion on this? It's a little storm in a little teacup. If you want to watch the match then go. It's not as if it's a big drama to get tickets. I normally sit in the West Upper so ideally I would like to retain my seat, but, at present this is not possible. I'm not bothered, I will go to another part of the ground that's available and experience a different view.

Come on people, stop getting your knickers in a twist and enjoy the ride! :drink:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I see nobody has actually used the ask the club function about this , i would be interested what they say , Why don't i do it ? well if you look at the Forum it will become obvious i ask too many tetchy questions already , so give it go see what the man himself has to say about it .
"Your query has been noted and will be passed on. The club have said they will make a decision on opening an upper tier once the lower bowl is sold out".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
557 Left.

Once we go below 500 it is surely time to 'Cry Havoc and let slip the upper tier tickets'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here