Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't do logging on stuff always buy I person tbh.

How are you posting on nsc then?

Get with the times Gramps - your trolling is tiresome. Just buy some tickets and support the lads. :moo:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This still strikes me as completely ludicrous and unnecessary.

The ESU will have to open - that much has been clear for a few days - so why wasn't it opened earlier to give people the choice - upper or lower, central or penalty area?

There's nothing anyone can say to me that will convince me that the approach taken will maximise ticket sales - it can only have lessened them, very probably not by very much at all, but it's not a fan (customer) friendly way to go about things.

After the club was found to be so out of touch with fan sentiment regarding the Palace game, they seem to have taken a knee-jerk reaction to this fixture and shown themselves to be missing a trick again.

IF IF IF we get through to the quarter finals the club will be praying for an away match.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
IF IF IF we get through to the quarter finals the club will be praying for an away match.

Nah, I think they'd be pretty confident of selling out a QF. And we'd be one win from you know what.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nah, I think they'd be pretty confident of selling out a QF. And we'd be one win from you know what.

An unwanted distraction- so say some.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
"Thank you for your further comments.*

Nobody has based the decision solely on the Palace game! It is simply one factor of many. We look at all Cup matches - including the opposition, match timings, other environmental factors, including previous patterns of ticket sale since the Amex opened, to make our judgements.*

You are right to say, however, that it is our job to make operational judgements and decisions based on many decades of collective experience of running football clubs, pricing football matches, and keeping operational costs down to a minimum. It is not an exact science; it is a series of live and ongoing judgements.*

By using such experience, making such decisions, and spending Tony’s money as wisely as possible, we can keep season ticket and match ticket costs down for our fans while continuing to invest in our facilities and, most importantly, in our playing squad. In this regard, every single match we stage counts - after all, we might only get 19-25 matches in any given season.*

We have certainly not been disingenuous with our comments about marketing the game - for goodness sake, why would we be: we want the game sold out! - and, with respect, we are in the best position to judge how many emails to send (and when) and also how and when to open different stands - again based on previous experience. We don’t just make these things up.*

For what it’s worth, saturation marketing to football fans rarely works, and neither does one particular marketing technique or super hype - it looks exactly what is. I also think it’s fair to say that since beating Middlesbrough there has been plenty of awareness that we would be playing a 5th Round game next week - after all, we weren’t due to be playing anyone else!*

Finally, nobody will be “forcing” the club to open another tier. We want to open another tier! And we have said from the day we went on sale that we would open other areas as sales dictated. This isn’t exactly a new or unique strategy for football clubs or venue owners. Please trust our professional staff to make these judgements.*

Regards, Paul"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
"Thank you for your further comments.*

Nobody has based the decision solely on the Palace game! It is simply one factor of many. We look at all Cup matches - including the opposition, match timings, other environmental factors, including previous patterns of ticket sale since the Amex opened, to make our judgements.*

You are right to say, however, that it is our job to make operational judgements and decisions based on many decades of collective experience of running football clubs, pricing football matches, and keeping operational costs down to a minimum. It is not an exact science; it is a series of live and ongoing judgements.*

By using such experience, making such decisions, and spending Tony’s money as wisely as possible, we can keep season ticket and match ticket costs down for our fans while continuing to invest in our facilities and, most importantly, in our playing squad. In this regard, every single match we stage counts - after all, we might only get 19-25 matches in any given season.*

We have certainly not been disingenuous with our comments about marketing the game - for goodness sake, why would we be: we want the game sold out! - and, with respect, we are in the best position to judge how many emails to send (and when) and also how and when to open different stands - again based on previous experience. We don’t just make these things up.*

For what it’s worth, saturation marketing to football fans rarely works, and neither does one particular marketing technique or super hype - it looks exactly what is. I also think it’s fair to say that since beating Middlesbrough there has been plenty of awareness that we would be playing a 5th Round game next week - after all, we weren’t due to be playing anyone else!*

Finally, nobody will be “forcing” the club to open another tier. We want to open another tier! And we have said from the day we went on sale that we would open other areas as sales dictated. This isn’t exactly a new or unique strategy for football clubs or venue owners. Please trust our professional staff to make these judgements.*

Regards, Paul"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You've made yourself look a right tit! :lolol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Season ticket holders don't like paying more than they usually do per game. So what price? I can see the club overcharging.
Also it will be live on tv and won't be a 3pm Saturday.
So what if we get a premier league team, the opposition has lost it's pulling power as we play them every week now.
There is potential to get it wrong again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

One win from playing in an FA Cup semi final at a neutral ground like Villa Park rather than some devalued crap like playing it at Wembley you mean? I'm in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Online ticketing now queueing for an event that starts at 9am.

East Stand Upper opening ?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Online ticketing now queueing for an event that starts at 9am.

East Stand Upper opening ?

It tends to do this every single day (well has done everyday this week anyway as I've been trying) so although we can keep our fingers crossed that today you are right, I wouldn't read too much into it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It tends to do this every single day (well has done everyday this week anyway as I've been trying) so although we can keep our fingers crossed that today you are right, I wouldn't read too much into it
Oh well.

Back to the countdown.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
70s-men-fashion-162.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here