Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 18.02.44.png

Great news https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/february/west-upper-open-for-fa-cup-tie/

Nicely written article too, egging on the 10k STH’s yet to buy and underscoring the importance of drowning out the 4600 Cov fans. I honestly believe this will now sell out, with lots being sold on Friday and even Saturday morning.

I’m also going to gloat excessively as I predicted last week the WSU would be open Tuesday morning (Although I did duggest 0930 instead of 1000)

Looks like the club have basically done everything that has been suggested on this thread. If they are listneing to the fans, then great. If the ‘professionals’ in the ticket office have come to their sense too, that’s also great.

I wonder is [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has also had an email to request pricing for advertising banners on NSC!?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like the club have basically done everything that has been suggested on this thread. If they are listneing to the fans, then great. If the ‘professionals’ in the ticket office have come to their sense too, that’s also great.

I wonder is [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has also had an email to request pricing for advertising banners on NSC!?

[checks email]

No.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I have shared this exciting news on the Facebook and offered to get tickets for any of my vague acquaintance without purchase history. #togetherwecanshiftthese

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
this decision (whilst correct and I'm pleased theyve finally done it) just makes them look bigger twats for not opening East Upper many days earlier, at that point they would have known there were approx 11/12000 STH's yet to buy but still they sat on their hands saying 'we cant open it as its down to economics blah blah'

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Something a bit like this from Swansea to their fans...?

"WITH SWANSEA CITY’S ALLOCATION OF AWAY TICKETS SOLD OUT FOR THE FORTHCOMING PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE AT BRIGHTON, THE CLUB HAS RECEIVED NUMEROUS QUERIES REGARDING THE SALE PROCESS.

The club appreciate that a number of supporters were disappointed to miss out on the opportunity of making their first trip to the Amex Stadium, so we would like to clarify the process.

As is the case with all away fixtures, the club is offered various allocation options, normally varying between approximately 1,000 and 3,000 tickets depending on the capacity and segregation layout of the stadium in question.

Once the club confirms its first preferred option, it could have the commitment to pay for all the tickets whether they are sold or not, depending on the opposition club in question.

The club also has the option of increasing its allocation within a set period of time, if it did not take the full allocation at the first request.

Again, the club usually has to pay for the majority of unsold tickets if it does not reach a minimum sales level set by the opposition club.

The club looks at many factors when deciding its preferred option. This includes the number of tickets sold for the previous fixture between the two clubs; the significance of the game; the travelling distance and the general trend of away tickets sold so far during that current season.

It is not an exact science, but the club uses its best endeavours to satisfy expected demand from supporters, while also trying to limit any losses from unsold tickets, especially as the club already subsidises away tickets by £10 each for Jack Army member to the tune of around £300,000 per season.

In reference to the Brighton game, the club had the allocation options of approximately 1,100; 1,850; 2,550 or 3,000 tickets.

The club chose 1,100 as its first option safe in the knowledge that it could increase the allocation by a set time.

Once the club saw we were closing in on selling the 1,100 tickets, we increased our allocation and commitment to 1,850.

One month prior to the fixture date, the away club is required to provide their final ticket commitment. At the time we needed to make our final decision, our ticket sales were around 1,200 and, as such, the final option we chose was 1,850.

Based upon historical data and ticket sales trends, we believed the remaining available tickets would meet the required demand.

When the second option of Brighton tickets sold out, the club requested a further allocation, but the deadline had passed and Brighton, quite rightly, had already started to sell the additional capacity to home fans.

Despite all the data and research described earlier we used to reach our decision, the club recognises that in hindsight we got this one wrong. We underestimated the desire of our supporters to make their first trip to the Amex Stadium and the number of fans who chose to purchase tickets later than usual in the sales process.

As a result, the club apologises to supporters who have missed the opportunity of making the trip to support Carlos Carvalhal and the squad.

The club is constantly reviewing its processes and will carry the lessons learnt from the Brighton fixture into future decision-making."

#Don'tHoldYourBreath

Would be nice... at least they have BELATEDLY come to their senses...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
yes, but how many more sales and would they justify the additional costs, shared profit with Coventry, etc? I'm astonished that people leave it so late to get their ticket and then expect prime seats - I bet they never queued up at the Goldstone or indeed Withdean for tickets on the day of sale.

I genuinely believe that there's a cohort of fans who look for any excuse not to part with their money. There are no bad seats at the Amex

Hmmm... I obviously don't know the costs involved, but how about weighing that against the potential to attract new younger fans who can't get into PL games, which are pretty much sold out every game: a loss leader if you like?... how about not p1ssing off your ESU & WSU ST holders who want to sit in their normal seats?... and so on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The thing that annoys me is I know quite a few people who want to go now, but want to go in the North Stand but obviously that is totally sold out now.
If they had just opened up the other stands there would've been spare seats available.
The fact that they have annoyed fans surely means they got it wrong?
I suppose it just highlights that Barber is an employee (and a relative recent one at that) and not a fan, as I think most longstanding fans would've predicted a decent turn out for this game as it means we have a chance to get into the quarter final of the cup, which is still a big thing.

This. With bells on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
oh come on, it's a business not a village fete or social club. Some fans are annoyed, but many more are happy.
show me a CEO who's not an employee

IF a business fails to meet the needs of their customers, they WILL suffer... sorry, it's a club **** up...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here