Page 78 of 146 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188128 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Still, good bit of traffic for NSC, eh @Bozza
    Spot on.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

0 Not allowed!
      And just to prove a point from earlier. The lower seats are still selling. There are now only 23 pairs left downstairs.

So it’s likely that despite there being circa 7000 available seats a week until kick off. It will HAVE to be upstairs, like it or not!
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.
      Members James Bond's body double's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      It really is going to happen isn't it? So what you doing, piling into the East Upper or holding your nerve for your normal seat in the West Upper next week?

ps) glad you have finally got the FA Cup bug after those nasties from Palace have gone home
      I sit in WSU, but getting front row middle tier in ESU why not, never sat there before can't wait been I've been told how noisy it is and everyone likes to get involved.
      Everyday above ground is a good day!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Loved it, pity it looks like it's near the end now
      I'm not sure @kingcole would agree with you. He is going to be very busy over the next few days.

We can also have fun making predictions about how many ESU tickets will actually sell. Bozza could supply a prize for the nearest guess.

I reckon 1,497.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Probably not - I completely understand why upper tiers weren't initially open given the Palace game crowd.

I just think that it's been clear for a few days that an upper tier was going to be required if the club wished to continue selling tickets for this game, and it's been a bit silly to hold off doing that until now.
      I don't know, this game has a completely different FEEL to it compared to the Palace game, for loads of reasons, so I always expected at least one of the upper tiers to open from the outset.
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

0 Not allowed!
      The only way is up, baby!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      We bought central/back WSL tickets early on. So, for a change, you can lob stuff down on me!
      Ah brilliant, heavy duty streamers now purchased.
      Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

0 Not allowed!
      Only 68 front row ESU tickets remain.
      @Moshe Gariani I think your prediction will be exceeded by the end of lunch today!
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Fans didn't turn up in their hoards for the Palace game but the club still paid for a full stadium of catering staff, stewarding staff and all the other different roles that are required on a matchday. Understandably they didn't want to face similar needless expenses in another cup game against a lower league side than the previous poor show, I think they will treat all cup games in a similar fashion from now on as money was wasted.

The only way they could've improved would be to highlight to fans how they would distribute future interest and state that if we got to within 500 tickets in the lower bowl then they planned to then open up the North Shelf followed by East Upper and that WSU would be last.

Ultimately the club have made some very sensible financial decisions based on the ticket purchases they have witness from the fans. Nobody with any sense can criticize the club for trying to save money

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      Ah brilliant, heavy duty streamers now purchased.
      Now there's an idea. ESU needs to be supplied with streamers.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.