Page 77 of 146 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I said somewhere else at some point, i'm grateful for Paul Barber and his team for engineering ridiculous scenarios that generate NSC traffic.

I'm less pleased at the amount of hours I've wasted counting seats and posting on this thread over the past few days. I can now get back on with life, starting with my first shower in nearly a week.
    You smell

Oh shit, do I now get investigated ?
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Let the WSU countdown.....BEGIN!
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Still, good bit of traffic for NSC, eh @Bozza
      /\ That
      Stand or Fall

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      With hindsight, they probably should have had the ESU open from the outset.
      Probably not - I completely understand why upper tiers weren't initially open given the Palace game crowd.

I just think that it's been clear for a few days that an upper tier was going to be required if the club wished to continue selling tickets for this game, and it's been a bit silly to hold off doing that until now.
      Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Still, good bit of traffic for NSC, eh @Bozza
      The big deal is that until today, some people saw they could not buy tickets where they wanted and some of these, being a cup game, are not regulars. Some won’t check again and many won’t be aware of this thread.

Some people can’t do stairs. As the lower bowl is now virtually sold out, this policy now prevents those who are unable to do want to do stairs who may have booked next week.

Despite the club having large family area for league games, pairs of seats sold out in the family area long ago, meaning the only option was to be on the wings, adjacent to the away fans. A point of note, there is still no designated family availability, despite the shelf being available.

When the club make a boo boo, who do you suggest we aim our feedback at?
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.

0 Not allowed!
      I think you're forgetting the "Open the WSU" campaign commencing Wednesday. You can stand down until then though.
      It really is going to happen isn't it? So what you doing, piling into the East Upper or holding your nerve for your normal seat in the West Upper next week?

ps) glad you have finally got the FA Cup bug after those nasties from Palace have gone home
      Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

0 Not allowed!
      I think you're forgetting the "Open the WSU" campaign commencing Wednesday. You can stand down until then though.
      Tuesday I say. 0930 I reckon
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by S'hampton Seagull View Post
      It is. I hope you don't miss the game as you can't buy your preferred viewing position.
      Front-row ESU tickets sorted. The wait was justified.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcole View Post
      Tuesday I say. 0930 I reckon
      £9 a ticket apparently................

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      It really is going to happen isn't it? So what you doing, piling into the East Upper or holding your nerve for your normal seat in the West Upper next week?

ps) glad you have finally got the FA Cup bug after those nasties from Palace have gone home
      We bought central/back WSL tickets early on. So, for a change, you can lob stuff down on me!