Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Seriously, what the **** are they playing at? The game is still 11 days away so it’s obvious they will have to open at least one of the upper tiers. What possible reason is there for the delay? I really don’t get it.
They appear to be hoping that they won't have to...

My theory is that whoever made the original call (Barber?) is determined to be proved right in his/her judgrment.

If they can string it out for a few more days to sell every last one of the remaining unfavoured seats then they'll have done it...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1,439 remaining.

East - 397 of which 330 are in E1A
West - 79 of which 72 are in W1I
North - 963 across all the blocks

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If I am at home and have a chance to get my own seat (WSU) i would prefer to take it BECAUSE the view is very good and I am comparing it to where I have sat in other parts of the grounds and in the various away games I have been to. That's not being special or precious its just the angle of viewing I prefer.

In this technological age it would not be difficult to knock up a web site or add a facility on the existing one where fans could establish a preference for a game by answering a couple of questions

a) will you be attending the game (y/n)
b) would you like your own seat (y/n)

this will give a view of whether this is a 15k crowd or a 25k crowd without the pain....

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
That’s the sort of lack of availability that might be acceptable the day before the match. If there were 24 hours to go I could see the sense in not opening any more stands as the 1,439 would probably suffice. But there are 11 days left and thousands more sales to make. It’s like the club actually want to limit the size of the crowd. Baffling.

Yet nearly 1000 of our most fervent fans from the North Stand haven't purchased a ticket yet ? Something doesn't add up here ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yet nearly 1000 of our most fervent fans from the North Stand haven't purchased a ticket yet ? Something doesn't add up here ?

My brother and I both NS STH and have 2 mates who will come but we are waiting for an upper tier to open as we couldn't organise family plans in time for central seats at the back of the North and fancy trying the West Upper as 3 of the group haven't sat there before. A little nervous that we will sell out and not open the upper tier but thinking to myself that in the worst case they'll probably be a single ticket free in lower tier and I'll just grab one of those on my own if it really comes to it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My brother and I both NS STH and have 2 mates who will come but we are waiting for an upper tier to open as we couldn't organise family plans in time for central seats at the back of the North and fancy trying the West Upper as 3 of the group haven't sat there before. A little nervous that we will sell out and not open the upper tier but thinking to myself that in the worst case they'll probably be a single ticket free in lower tier and I'll just grab one of those on my own if it really comes to it.

Suspect you will have to consider opting for the East Upper.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Suspect you will have to consider opting for the East Upper.

Wouldn't be a suprise as it's smaller, at that point now where you're thinking, lower tiers in the corner or a prime seat on the half way line, willing to wait as fairly confident will pick up a lower if it comes to it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I may hoik along three family members to the game, though I'm only getting them tickets if 1. They confirm they'll come, and 2 the seats are together and a reasonably far back and or central.
I'm thinking an upper tier should open just about as I can push the button. If it all goes tits up I'll pick up a single and go on my Jack.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I bought a ticket in the North Stand the day they went on sale. I’m more than happy to try a different view from my season ticket seat in WSL. My issue with this incompetence from the club is purely that we are going to be playing in front of 20,000 with a poor atmosphere if they get their way when it could so easily be very close to a full house. The seats are there. They’re sold for every other game so there is no reason not to have them both open right now with 11 days of sales to come.

None of what you say makes sense. How is selling the lower tiers first going to make any difference to the attendance? And if anything it will be a better atmosphere, as the lower tiers will be packed, instead of having the crowd dispersed around the stadium.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
None of what you say makes sense. How is selling the lower tiers first going to make any difference to the attendance? And if anything it will be a better atmosphere, as the lower tiers will be packed, instead of having the crowd dispersed around the stadium.

Agree. The Palace game was good - if we’d put everyone in the lower tiers it would have been even better. I’d rather we had 20k packed in the lower tiers rather than scattered about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Massively embarrassing that so many of the super fans giving people grief about Palace haven't bothered for a 5th round game :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here